PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report 11/6

Chris Laskodi
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting the report. Been real busy with classes. Anyways, went out Sunday morning with my dad. We were on the water by 730 and had our first fish at our first spot. There were lots of fly-flingers out left over from Striperfest the day before. We had to compete for a lot of spots.

We fished all day and all over the delta. We caught fish all over too. No real pods of fish, which was unfortunate. We fished from the San Joaquin all the way down to Mildred. The big fish of the day came from Mildred which was about 6 lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/laskodi/80230bf9.jpg

Almost all the fish were dinks, 12-14", but we did catch a few more adult fish. We ended up with 4 adult-size fish, and about 10 dinks. We did lose a bigger striper, probably about 10 lbs, when it ran at the boat. Hoping to go out several times this upcoming weekend because of the holiday. I will keep you guys posted.

Chris Laskodi

David Lee
11-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Nice Stripe you have there , Chris !!

What flies did you two use to torture those fishes ??

David

PS - we got blanked out there Saturday .... :oops:

Chris Laskodi
11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
We used pretty much every fly imaginable. Most of them caught fish. We were using mostly small flies though, which may be why we didn't catch the moes. I caught all of my fish on flies smaller than 3". I caught that fish on an orange/yellow whistler, along with about half the fish. The other half I caught on a purple over white whistler. I don't think the color mattered all that much.
My dad was using mostly bigger flies, 3-5", and he only caught a few fish but all but one were adult fish.

I think the retrieve was what they were looking for. The water is still fairly warm so we were both using fairly fast retrieves with frequent pauses. 90% of the fish took on the pause or the first strip after the pause. We usually use these retrieves until the water gets into the low 50's.

Chris Laskodi

Hairstacker
11-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Nice stripe! I went out yesterday to the Delta for a little while as well. Apparently every fly imaginable was working except mine, ha. Used a 4" chartreuse/while Clouser, fast retrieve with plenty of pregnant pauses, not a touch. Probably didn't help that they were taking down a rock barrier a few hundred yards away. Ah well, maybe next time.