PDA

View Full Version : Striperfest Dinner

Tony Buzolich
11-08-2005, 05:38 PM
So where were you guys? I was really hoping to meet a bunch of the Sacramento group all sitting around Bill's table but I couldn't find any of you guys.

I have to admit, I think I wore my fishing partner out casting all day in that wind and he was kind of in a hurry to leave. The store downstairs closed and he needed more Advil for his shoulder.

Great get-together as usual and some really fine raffle prizes too. Did anyone check out the fly plate with yours truely standing on the bow of my boat with the sunset?

That should be on E-bay this week. All funds go to the striped bass foundation and saving the delta so it's a good cause.

So when is the next gathering at Bill's place? I've still got to put some names to faces.
TONY

David Lee
11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Wha' ????

Dunno how we could have missed each other - I was sittin' right square in the middle of the place :x ......

Did you see a really handsome guy in a red plaid Pendelton w/ hair most of the way down to his arse :P ??

Candida and I looked for ya , it would have helped a bit had we known what you look like :roll: (the avatar photo is too small to see anything other than the fine Dorado you're holding ....) . Come on down and fish the Port w/ me sometime !!

http://members.sparedollar.com/fadoe/tequila_cat.JPG

I'm the one holding the cat - :D

David

Adam Grace
11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
I was handing out the raffle prizes!

That was my first Striperfest Dinner, I enjoyed myself.

I really enjoy catching some stripers the morning before the BBQ.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/deltacrop.jpg

5lb striper caugh on a #2/0 chartreuse clouser

Tony Buzolich
11-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I probably looked right past you both. Unless I put on these darn Dean Edell readers I can't even read name tags too well.

David, anything happening in the port? What about the American? We're already getting new stripers in the Feather.
TONY

David Lee
11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
I probably looked right past you both. Unless I put on these darn Dean Edell readers I can't even read name tags too well.

David, anything happening in the port? What about the American? We're already getting new stripers in the Feather.
TONY

Nuthin' yet , Tony - I haven't quite sorted the Stripes there . It doesn't help that every trip out there I'm getting blown around (no motor yet) . I've heard it starts later , around mid-December , so the plan is to hit it LOTS after Baja .

IF- I return from Baja :twisted:

Adam - Nice hat , but not floppy enough :P

David

OregonSalmon
11-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Now on this striperfest dinner thing do you guys eat striper? I did spell that right; thought I typed "stripper".
I take it you do eat the stripers so I will share my fav recipe for the fish: tempura batter. Chunks dipped in tempura batter and deep fried. Probably not the healthiest way to cook, but damn good eatin'.
And remember: if you eat the stripper it costs extra. Found that out the hard way.

Adam Grace
11-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Not stripper eating....Ooops I mean striper eating! :P

The BBQ is for conservation for the Delta and held in Dan's honor.

There was a bunch of BBQ'd beef, chicken and possibly pork but no striper on the menu.

I would not have minded, I have not yet really eaten any striper. Killing tons of stripers to feed the group gathered to support the conservation of the species and it's waterways would have been just a tad hypocritical. :D

Funny thought though! :lol: