PDA

View Full Version : STRIPERFEST report

David Lee
11-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Got to the Delta friday afternoon , had dinner and met nice folks . We stayed at Lundborg Landing (www.lundborglanding.com) , good camping rates and great food . Super nice people there ....Stopped by Dan Blantons place and had some great conversation , he really is a good dude . I got up at 3:50 am ( :shock: :shock: ) , fished off the dock w/ the wifes spinning gear - landed 15-20 Crappies and one Redear .

Fished Piper slough from Sandmound to the opening in the seawall (right - YOU try it in a rowboat :twisted: !!) - never got a touch . no dinks , follows , boils , nuthin' . Lots of pro Bass tourney guys (Bassholes - :evil: )out there , a brace of them came to within 20 feet of us while we were anchored AND STARTED CASTING OVER CANDIDA'S LINE . I did not have a 'boarding party' , though I wanted to .... :twisted:

Went to Sugarbarge for the fest proper . As usual , I didn't have a chance to chatter w/ everyone I wanted to . To my great suprise , who should we run into ?? ADAM GRACE !! Great to visit with him , he was helping w/ the raffle . Lots of cool prizes , we didn't win any (Leo G. Poppers by the boxload .... I would have loved winning those :cry: ) .

Didn't hear any earth-shattering reports , most did fair-poor or just O.K. . Still , a fun time ..... because sometimes fishin' isn't about just fishin' :idea:

David

PS - Tony , where the hell were you ?!? We were bummed that we didn't hook-up with ya . Next time , I hope ...

Adam Grace
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Good to see you at the BBQ David!

I enjoyed eating and talking with you and your lovely wife.

I also enjoyed saying hi to my other flyfishing friends.