PDA

View Full Version : Upper Sac report

PatrickM
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Met a friend from Ashland on the Upper Sac last Thursday for a couple of days of fishing. Fishing was a bit slow, but we managed to scare a few up on the usual assortment of nymphs - tan poopahs, dark lords, princes, micro-mays, and midges. We mainly fished just upstream from Dunsmuir. It was gorgeous water up there, perfect for high-stick nymphing. We had rain on and off for most of Thursday and Friday, with fairly cold temps in the mornings. One day we stopped to check out Mossbrae falls, and watched a guy land a nice 17 inch rainbow. I think he was pretty surprised, and happy, when he released the fish and turned around to see that we had witnessed the whole thing.
Fishing a gorgeous river with a good friend is about as good a way to spend a couple of days as I can think of. :D Wish I could do it more often.

sculpin
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Nice report about a beautiful area. It is always on my list of places to fish but for some reason I never make itdown there.

andanb
11-02-2005, 03:44 PM
My friend and I were fishing at Cantera on Sun. AM and met two guys one worked with Umpqua and the other was from the bay area. The guy from umpqua gave us some flies. What a couple of great guys. Was that you? What a nice day! We got into a great bwo hatch late that afternoon downriver. I landed several fish that day. The river was gorgeous.

PatrickM
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Nah, we went home on Saturday afternoon. It's nice to hear stories like that, though. :D

Hairstacker
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey, nice report! Sounds like you had a good time regardless. I know exactly what you mean about spending time with a good friend on good water. 8) 8)