PDA

View Full Version : Trip up north

PaulC
11-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi folks,
Figured I would post a brief report. I got back a while ago from a trip with a friend from the surf.
Was a nice trip with not numbers of fish but a quality experience, which is what I'm after anyhow. We fished a couple of the river systems up there and had a blast.
The water was gin clear providing a few sight casting opportunities which was my first. We lost some great fish throwing the hook, but I managed one to hand and my friend another.
Gave swinging a shot for a bit, but the fish showed no love there this time. Maybe next time I'll get one on the swing.

Fall colors, bald eagles, deer, and great weather (overcast/slight drizzle). What could be better?

Here's a picture of the jumper I managed to stick on a size 12 blue copper john variant (same ones from the swap). I shouldn't have landed this fish,but luck prevailed this time.
It screamed downstream jumping, turned 180 and came right back upstream jumping. Talk about getting your heart pumping.
Fish rocketed away splashing a ton of water upon release.
-Paul

PS wanted to stop by the shop to check it out, but by the time I got through Sac on my way home it was pretty late. The life of the long distance weekend warrior. Maybe next time...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/Cronin/Paul_Collage.jpg

Jasonh
11-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice report and nice fish. Good looking water too in that picture on the right. How were the crowds up there? I hear it has been pretty packed with people?

Jason Hartwick

Darian
11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Wow!!! After the acrobatics I bet you had to clean out your waders.... :shock: :shock: Great fish, good pictures. 8)

Sounds like a "road trip" where sleep was lacking.... If you get into the fish, those're the best ones. :D :D :D

PaulC
11-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey Jason,
There were some normal haunts that had guys already hunkered down for the day, but for the most part we were able to move around and get into runs without others nearby. We were only low holed by some spin casters once. If someone was in the run, we'd move on.
I'm a firm believer in common courtesy although it isn't always returned.
Given it was a weekend, I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised. Part of that I think was due to travelling off of the beaten path.
-Paul

sculpin
11-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Sounds like a great trip.