PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Picture

Adam Grace
10-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey guys......I been taking a photoshop class the past couple of months and I have learned how to modify and tweak digital pictures. I love the class! Here is a picture that I have been working on lately. I hope that you guys like it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/colortroutlightercopy.jpg

This is my guide friend Mike Bias with a beautiful Yuba River trout.

Jasonh
10-31-2005, 09:31 PM
That is really cool. What exactly are you doing in photoshop to come up with the varying color scheme in that picture. Looks like i might have to sign up for a photoshop class here soon! Well done Adam.

Jason Hartwick

David Lee
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Errrr ... where's the White Shark in the background ?????

:twisted: :P :P :P

Miss ya boy !

David :D

Hairstacker
10-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey, cool photo Adam!

jbird
10-31-2005, 10:47 PM
whoa. That is really wild! I love it.

Jbird

bolden
11-01-2005, 12:27 AM
the surrounding looks like a flat about a mile above the bridge. nice fish too.

sculpin
11-01-2005, 08:43 AM
That picture is really interesting, though I will just have to look at other folks works of art. I am a tech moron and can't even figure out what my new camera can do.When I start reading the instructions it makes me dizzy. I guess I'll have to find an 8 year old to show me the ropes.

Mark

Darian
11-01-2005, 10:15 AM
When all else fails find a kid.... 8) :lol: :lol:

Adam Grace
11-01-2005, 07:52 PM
I thought that some of you guys would enjoy it. It is not professinoal quality but right now I'm nt gong to spend more time on the tedious work.

Gregg Machel
11-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Adam, what filters, effects did you use? I'm kind of interested in the process that you are going through to make these. You should post the original and a few version as you work on it. :)

Alastair
11-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Very cool Adam. I notice you're not saying how you did it. ;-) 8) C'mon, give it up!

Adam Grace
11-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Well.........

I highlighted the fish, made a layer
Then inversed my selection to change everything but the fish and decreased the brightness, made that a layer.
I copied a sunset picture and place it behind the trees, another new layer.
Then copied the sunsest reversed it and copiedit onto the water after making every sectino of the water it's own layer piece by piece.
Then I corrected things like shadows, deleting distracting fly line on the water and other stuff.

That's it in a nutshell!

I only wish it was as easy to accomplish as it was to describe :-)

Alastair
11-02-2005, 02:06 AM
I hear you Adam. Photoshop is one deep program! Thanks for giving up a clue. Layers, layers, layers!

Gregg Machel
11-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks Adam, I feel your pain. My problem with Photoshop is usually the creativity part of it. Copying an idea is easy, but creating one that looks good from scratch (like you are doing) is rough. I'm looking for new tips and tricks. :)