PDA

View Full Version : BOSTON WHALER Dauntless 13 $8,500

JAWallace
10-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Center console, pristine condition, 2nd owner 40 Johnson 2S T/T, oil injection, with low hours. Includes bow mount remote control trolling motor, trailer, custom Sunbrella cover, Hummingbird fish finder and more. Boat, motor and trailer all 1995.

The Dauntless 13 is a perfect boat for local lakes, the Delta, and rivers. It’s fast and Whaler stable. Flyfishers will appreciate the shallow draft and stand-up stability for casting.

LOA: 13’9”
BEAM: 6’
DRAFT: 9”
WEIPGHT: 650 lbs.

Motor and Calkins trailer with new annual service, runs perfect, looks showroom. Gelcoat is in excellent shape, barely a scratch. Buying new 17 Montauk.

For more pics, please go to http://photobucket.com/albums/y273/LocalCenters/

John Wallace
jwamalls@yahoo.com
967-8100

JAWallace
10-30-2005, 09:45 PM
I should add that the Whaler's first owner was Kevin Doran, now Capt. Kev of www.deltaadventures.com, so you know it catches fish!

Jay Murakoshi
10-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Ahhhh john,

Ya got me think'n. I better not wait to long or it will be sold
I gotta get my priorities in order this week and then make the decision

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-31-2005, 09:15 AM
That is a nice boat............

JAWallace
10-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Bill. I don't remember if you've seen it, either with me or with Kev.

I was really fortunate to have met Kevin Doran through this forum I think, fish with him, and get the first call when he got '5 -foot-itis' and moved up to his Dauntless 18 five years ago. He had it configured perfectly for three; one at the helm and two fishing, each from the stern and bow casting platforms. Even in the Delta it's as stable as a rock and quick too. Does 28 MPH with 2, 35 MPH with 1.

Though I call it the perfect boat for local waters and especially the Central Oregon lakes, needs change and I need a compromise boat that will pull skiiers and wakeboarders. This time I'm going to buy new, and I finally got a buy-in on a 170 Montauk. Due to MY needs and the incredible Whaler longevity and resale, that was the only boat I'd agree to. I will gain ponies but lose versatiity for the small waters and if not for the teen go-fasts, I'd NEVER sell this Dauntless!

Though the Johnson 40 is in great shape and has low hours, someday someone will want to re-power with a 4 stroke. In today's dollars the cost of repower and the boat, motor and trailer today would be about $15K; the original selling price of the boat new. How's that for resale! If you're not going with tin, Whaler is the only choice for sportsmen IMNSHO.

John

JAWallace
11-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Sold. Now for the Montauk shopping!