PDA

View Full Version : Delta Striper Fishing w/ Kevin Doran & Bill Kiene

Gregg Machel
10-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Fished today on the Delta with Kevin Doran of Delta Adventures (http://deltaadventures.com) and Bill Kiene. We each got about a half dozen Stripers, and Bill got a lot of Bass also. Bill had a monster Striper (we think) on the end of his line, we are guessing it had to be at least double digits (weight) and probably high double digits, fought it hard, and just as we were about to land it, it came loose! :( Talk about a disappointment, but that's happened to all of us I'm sure. Kevin as usual put us in some good water and set us up for success. The only bad thing was there was a lot of boat traffic out there, but what do you expect on a nice day on the weekend. All in all, a very good trip!

Jay Murakoshi
10-30-2005, 10:59 PM
oh, I know the waters you covered. We probably covered the same area this past wednesday. We had heavy overcast weather and it started raining. Both KD and I did catch a good number of fish. Yes, KD did fish with me. I had the whole boat so i needed a fishing partner pluse I wanted to see the KD touch. He boated one about 9.5 to 10lbs
I plan on making a few more trips to the delta and hiring a few guides. Like I was telling KD, it's cheaper for me to pay the fee and hire a guide, rather than go out and spend $12,000 for a boat and still have to maintain it. Going to attend striperfest but only the raffle. We're packing our lunch and dinner and eating while fishing. The days are short so have to make evey minute of daylite count

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes Jay

Most of us are better off hitching a ride with a Delta regular or hiring a guide.

Kevin was still happy talking about the great flies you donated to his cause last time you were out. He said he is so busy that he does not have time to tie flies now.

I hooked the big one on one of you small chartreuse Clousers.

I think this next month should be very good in the Delta.