PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Photos - Quick Method

Gregg Machel
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Here is an easy way to do proto re-sizing automatically:
Copy the picture to your HD.
Go to Windows Explorer and right click on the image(s).
Select Send to - Mail Recipient.
Windows will prompt you, asking if you want to reduce the image size. Say yes.
This will open a new email with the image(s) as an attachment.
Highlight the image(s) and copy (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the image(s) from the email to a new folder on your HD (i use the same folder as the original and then a sub-directory called "reduced").
Upload that file to your image bucket account, webserver, or whatever you use.
This will give you a consistent photo size that is perfect for a message board, and it only takes a minute or so to do. A lot faster than editing it in Photoshop or whatever you use.

rossbo
02-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Another option I saw in the Sac Bee by Jim Coates is to download IMAGE RESIZER from MICROSOFT.COM/DOWNLOADS. Search there for POWERTOYS, download and install it. Then right-click on your picture, choose RESIZE PICTURE, then choose size you want (640x480). It's pretty slick. Ross Boehm

Lee Haskin
03-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi Gregg,

Another resizing program, that I use, is Irfanview. Very handy. 8)

Thanks for your work here, Gregg.

Lee

Marc Shaw
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I resized my photo as suggested at this site and the file size reduced to 45.1 KB but your website didn't like the number of pixels either horiz or vert. I have 680 X 460 and my computer says reducing to the required 105 X 105 pixels leaves my photo about the size of my shirt pocket, and, of course, my photo includes a fish much bigger than that! Any ideas for a minimally able computer person?

Gregg Machel
09-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Marc,
Send me the photo via email and I will make it 105x105 for you. Just remind me of the size you need in the email. This just takes me a minute to do using Photoshop. Send to: gregg@kiene.com

Gregg

flytyinfreak
01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
here is a great resizer. You can resize individual pics or , what I love, when you get a cd from developing a roll of film you can resize the whole lot at one shot! pretty cool if you happen to have to shoot a roll of film because you forgot your didgital and had to buy a throw away at the am/pm on the way up to fish. Oh yah it's free!

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer_plus.htm