PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River 10/20/05

BSD
10-22-2005, 10:33 PM
I went to the lower Trinity river on Thursday and Friday. After a long drive Thursday morning it turns out I did more hiking than fishing. After spotting a really nice looking hole I had to go up and down the highway looking for access. Well, after an hour trying to get there I ended up at the edge of the river where the rock wall went straight down and the water got real deep, real fast. So I ended up fishing a hole that looked just "ok." Managed a half- pounder and a bunch of smolts.
Next morning I headed early to a different run that looked perfect. About 20 minutes of fishing and had a hit, but didn't hook it. Five minutes later had a similar hit and hooked it. Now I was very excited because the hits I got were different than the smolts and half-pounders I always catch. Sure enough it was a beautiful adult steelhead, my first ever. I continued to fish until early afternoon and caught a couple more half-pounders, then made the long drive back to San Jose. I have been trying to get an adult for a long time and this was good timing for me because I will not have as much fishing time anymore since I am
going from a part-time to a full-time job now...

Here's a picture, I think it is about 6 pounds, but I'm just guessing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/bduncan8/trinitysteelhead.jpg

Brian

Darian
10-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Brian,.... Congrats!! That's a beautiful fish. I know that fishing interferes with work but, if you have to work full time now :? , don't forget to smell the roses and you'll get plenty more chances to catch more fish like that one. 8) 8) 8)

aaron
10-22-2005, 10:48 PM
nice fish! reminds me of my first steelhead ever also on the trinity :)