PDA

View Full Version : A few more steelhead flies...

Jasonh
10-22-2005, 10:04 AM
for my trip to the rogue and trinity the second week in november. The green butt silver hilton modfied spey has proven itself before. I tied up this olive spey for the trinity, if it doesnt work at least it will look good in a shadow box!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/longhorn4life/Flies/olvespey.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/longhorn4life/Flies/grnbutt.jpg
Jason Hartwick

Jasonh
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
I need to figure out how to size these pictures correctly. I screw it up every time. Sorry guys.

Jason Hartwick

Gregg Machel
10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Here is an easy way to do proto re-sizing automatically:

Copy the picture to your HD.
Go to File Explorer and right click on the image.
Select Sendto - Mail Recipient.
Windows will prompt you, asking if you want to reduce the image size. Say yes.
This will open a new email with the image as an attachment.
Copy and paste the image from the email to a new folder on your HD (i use the same folder as the original and then a sub-directory called "reduced").
Upload that file to your image bucket account or whatever you use.

This will give you a consistent photo size that is perfect for a message board, and it only takes a minute or so to do. A lot faster than editing it in Photoshop or whatever you use.

Darian
10-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Jason,.... Those are certainly well designed and very good looking flies. What size hook are they tied on :?: :?:

Jasonh
10-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Darian, the olive spey is tied on a #3 aleck jackson hook and the green butt hilton is tied on a #1.5 alec jackson. While these hooks can be pricey i really like the look of them them and they are way sharper than the partidge or tiemco spey hooks.

Jason Hartwick

Darian
10-22-2005, 06:28 PM
These hooks are so good, I've only used them for display flies.... 8) 8) I'd be devestated if I lost one of those flies on a fishing trip. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jasonh
10-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Thats the one nice thing about fishing traditional patterns on the swing, you dont lose as many flies! I do tie most of my patterns for display though, especially the larger size flies as those hooks are more expensive. I do fish a lot my flies on partridge bartleet spey/salmon hooks. I really like that olive spey, i really hope it works. If not, just another display fly.

Jason