PDA

View Full Version : Delta Tomorrow

Darian
10-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,.... Goin' to da Delta tomorrow,...... Gonna get me some Stripers. Yeah!!!! Goin' with my son who happens to be a gear guy. 8) Soooo,.... I'm goin' over to the dark side for a day..... :evil: :twisted: Got my Rattle-Traps, Bass Assasins, Hair Raisers, etc. Got my castin' rods and my boat is tuggin' at the reigns..... Ain't even takin' my flys or the rod. Hot Damn,.... I might even have a beer tonight. :shock: :shock:

Of course, in keepin' with the code of the Bass Man, I ain't even gonna make a report (....unless you wanna be one of us) :lol: :lol:

mikenewman
10-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Get thee behind me Darian :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Hairstacker
10-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Goin' to the Delta without a flyrod?!? :shock: Without deerhair poppers?!?!? :shock: :shock: Speechless. . . .

Darian
10-22-2005, 05:59 PM
OK guys,.... In spite of the fact that I said I wouldn't do it, here's a report. Hit the Moke downriver from B&W landing. Foggy this AM and chilly. Hiiiiiiigh tide. Man, was it high. :shock: I was amazed to find that area relatively uncrowded for a Saturday. 8)

Lotsa loose salad floating around, everywhere. Fished some flats and some deep water. The fish finder indicated lotsa fish at our first stop.... I thought, THIS IS IT!!!!!! W'ere gonna be haulin' over the side and makin' whale oil :shock: :shock:

Of course, as we all know, reality is slightly different. The bite was good in the early AM but not great. Shut off as soon as the sun was on the water. :? My son got his first decent Striper (a 5 lbs schoolie). 8) No "biguns" taken. Had a great AM fishin'/hangin' with my kid.... Eatin' fatnin' food/belching and doin' other manly stuff.... 8) 8) :D