PDA

View Full Version : The Klamath is fishing Great!

Dan Anthon
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi all,

I've been floating and wade fishing many different stretches on the Klamath from below Happy Camp to Orleans this season and I can assure you there are fish and there are many of them waiting to be caught. For some reason I'm not seeing nearly the folks up here as in years pass which can be a blessing for some seeking solitude. I got off the water the other day and we didn't see another sole.

I'm a licensed and bonded guide and am a certified casting instructor through the federation of fly fishers. I guide through the Marble Mountain Ranch in Somes Bar. If your looking for up to date reports I'll be here through November possibly December depending on flows and I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the fishery just give me a call. If you have a couple days to spend fishing I suggest you head this way. With even more fish stacking at the mouths of our lower river tributaries we're certin to have more fish on the way. Boats going out of the ranch are landing between 1 and 4 adults with many half pounders throught the day and even if you don't get into an adult the fishing is still fantastic. With the present conditions we have been given some great Dry fly action which has made the fishing even sweeter this year.

Special season rate avalible.

Cheers,
Dan
1-800-klamath

Dan Anthon
10-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Just got in from a morning fish. Landed 16 half pounders, several 1/4 pounders and 1 nice adult close to five lbs. Fished about 4 hrs, but I'll head out four the evening bite. Weather has been perfect morning air temp was 54 water temp 58. We heard there may be some rain in the forecast and that will bring up more fish! If anyone wants to escape the crowds of the Trinity then I suggest you drift the Klamath with me. I'm a licensed/ bonded guided and FFF certified casting instructor give me a call 1-800-Klamath ask for Dan or leave me a message and I'll get back to you that evening.

Best of luck

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the great reports Dan.

I don't think many people have any idea how wonderful the Klamath River is in the Fall.

I think that floating the river with a fly fishing guide is the only way to go.

Down here in the Valley most have to fish with idiactors and nymphs because we have lots of salmon spawning and mostly hatchery fish.

I don't think that too many realize you can cast and swing flies on the Klamath which is a way more excitiing way to fly fish.

http://www.marblemountainranch.com/photos/Picture%20005.jpg

http://www.marblemountainranch.com/