PDA

View Full Version : Projector

Jay Murakoshi
10-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Ok, I'm still working on scanning slides for converting to power point but the next question. Since I'm setting my self up for PP, I've been looking at projectors for presentations to clubs.
I looked at two of them today. One was a Epson and the other was a Sharp. The Epson was 1600 lumins and the Sharp was 1900 lumins. I'm guessing the higher the lumins the brighter and further the photo will project.
Any recommendations on projectors

Jay

going to visit Comp USA tomorrow

Eugene Graham
10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Make sure you get a projector that does keystoning. This will fix the trapazoid image that you will recieve if you have to angle the projector. Get the most lumens you can afford since you many not have control of the lights or distance you are projecting.

Another tool you should look into getting is a USB Remote Presentation Control. This is a wireless remote control that you either press a button or roll a wheel to go from one slide to another. It makes your presentation easier and smoother for you to run. You are also not bound to be next to the computer.

Jay Murakoshi
11-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Eugene,

Thanks for the info on the projector. I was just looking at the one that Dell is advertising in the lastest book I received. It has 2400 lumens. Don't know about the other stuff you mentioned. I was planning on picking up a USB remote control so I can use it this year at the ISE shows
Will one control work on any lap top or projector

Thanks

Jay

PaulC
11-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey Jay,
The remotes we have at work are plugged into the computer so it should work with any laptop or computer given it has a usb port.
Nowadays most stuff is plug and play so you probably don't need drivers to be installed if you are using another machine besides your own. Good think to check on though when you buy one of those presenation clickers.
They had a nice one the last meeting I was at JPL which had a laser pointer built in. I'll ask about the vendor the next time i'm out there (this week or the next). I'll also post the types we have at work which have been superb for everything from slide presentations to videos. At least that will give you a comparison point when shoppin.
Hope that helps,
Paul

Jay Murakoshi
11-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Paul & Eugene,

Thanks for your help with this projector project.

Jay