PDA

View Full Version : Upper Rogue River

Jasonh
10-16-2005, 11:11 AM
I jusy heard from a good friend of mine that just got back from fishign the rogue that the fish ladder to the upper river has been closed and will not open until nov 1. Is this true? If, so this could be one reason for a lower number of fish in the upper river. He said that's what a lot fo people were talking about. Most of the reports i have read say it has been fairly slow lately. I am planning on getting up there in early november, weather permitting.

Jason Hartwick

sculpin
10-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Jason
I wish I could help. I'm out of town for the birth of my 3rd Grandson, but will check when I get back. I did hear it was going to be closed for a short while. Perhaps Gordon will chime in , it's more in his neck of the woods.

Mark

Langenbeck
10-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Jason: The stop logs were taken out of Savage Rapids Dam about two weeks ago. Think there may have been a 2-3 day period when the ladder was inoperative but it sure looks like it is working to me. Think the real reason is a fairly low summer steelhead count as of 4 Oct only 5,304 summer steelhead has passed Gold Rey Dam. Typical of recent years that number should be in the 7-8,000 range. Also we have had virtually no good rains to move the fish.

Jasonh
10-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Good point about the rain Gordon. I had heard the ladders would be closed until nov 1, if thats the case there should be a big push of fish in the upper by the end of that week.

Jason Hartwick