PDA

View Full Version : Little luis

Charlie Gonzales
10-15-2005, 01:42 PM
This report is a couple days old now but I still wanted to share. Well I finaly got my trolling motor mounted and needed to take the stink off it, and the forebay was definately the ticket. Got down to San luis about 8am and checked out Basalt cuz this is the only area there that I felt comfortable with due to the size of my boat\motor and there was plenty of boats already on the water. So I hopped down to the San Luis Creek boat ramp and was fishing by 9. From my first cast to my last there were fish. Nothing big (over 7 lbs) but plenty to be had. I hate it when people qoute big numbers cuz its so hard to believe, but I easily caught 40+ fish. Now, granted I was there almost 8 hours but there wasnt a twenty minute time period that I didnt catch fish. In fact there was a time that every cast I hooked a fish! Even the spotties were eager for that chartreuse n white FT clouser. The interesting thing is, the more fish I caught and the more tattered that fly got, the fishing never changed. So, for experiments sake, I took off the beaten fly and switched to a fresh one. I honestly think the fish liked the one that was now sparser(?), so I switched back and continued with great success. Almost all the fish came from the East side of the power lines but I did have some success at Medeiros by the rocks and just below 152 by the inflow. Now I have some thanks to give, to Dan Williams and Andy Guibord for teaching me these spots and to Jay or Ken, whoever came up with the FT Clouser. Thank you much gentlemen! If I new how to use the emoticons it would be all smiles. One last note to this book that i have written(sorry), all this without electronics, just blind castng!