PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River 2005

MSP
10-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Well I'm still here and the fishing remains about the same. Had a pretty good day on Wed., floated the Klamath on thurs and fished the "T" again today. Wed. 4 fish to hand, one very nice wild steelhead around 9 pounds, a nice silver and 2 Kings. The float on the Klamath wasn't as good as we only got a few 1/2 pounders between the 3 of us. Today I lost my touch and hung 4 fish, 3 Steelies and 1 Jack. Only got the Jack to hand. All I have to say is I am an idiot! Don't ask!

Sorry about the size of the pictures, AOL sucks! Good night!

Here are a couple of pics from Wed. Sorry, the flash came on and really liked the fog!

Really fun!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/MPutman/DSC00274.jpg

Not so much fun!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/MPutman/DSC00277.jpg

Don't let that smile fool ya!

PM, I'm throwing a long line with a mend, no indicator, and trying to dead drift it as long as I can, most fish have hit just before the fly starts to swing.

Adam, yes I am still getting most fish on the Poopah style patterns.

Adam Grace
10-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Keep up the good work Mike. I now have to fish vicariously through you for my steelie fix!

Great fish!

You da POOPAH MAN!

Jasonh
10-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Wow, that steelies is a beast! Have you tried swinging any more traditional patterns? I guess there is no reason to if you are hooking up as much as you are!

Jason Hartwick

MSP
10-15-2005, 09:11 AM
I'll get one just for you tomorrow Adam :D

Yes Jason, I have been swinging Hiltons, Brindles, Assasins, Mossbacks, now and then when the bite slows a bit. I did get a nice Silver the other day on a swinging Brindle bug. But it's pretty hard to get away from what has been working. I've been doing OK on a Poopah with a Pearl Core Braid body in tan. Lots of glitter, but it seems to work. Looks like I'll be in the new place in a week or so. :cry:

Hairstacker
10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Awesome stuff Mike. Must be nice to have so many avatar-quality fish to choose from. . . . 8) :lol: I think it might be time to change that little picture under your "MSP" on the left side of your post.

SullyTM
10-17-2005, 10:55 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: MSP, that last photo is staggering! If you caught that monster on a #16 olive Poopah, I QUIT :D You are definitely finishing up 2005 in grand style! Bwup...Thom

Dan Anthon
10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Nice Fish! Just a note the klamath is fishing great. Many half pounders through out the day taken by swing mostly. We have also boated between one and 4 adult fish ranging from 4 to 10 pounds per day. We are haveing these kind of day's when were floating. Wade fishermen including myself are have action, but not nearly what the boats are accessing. If anyone is coming up this way and needs a guide i'm here and waiting.
1-800-Klamath.

Dan Anthon