PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few good models

justinbailie
10-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Hello all,

My name is Justin Bailie and i am a Sacramento area adventure / nature photographer. i had dropped by Kiene's shop the other day and when Bill saw me he very casually looks up and says "Hey, how's it going?" amazingly, it had been over 15 years since i'd seen him last and he recognized me as if it was yesterday. pretty cool considering i was in high school then. anyway, i was telling him what i was up these days and that i was really intererested in working on making some strong fishing images and trying to break into the fly fishing photography world. And... that if he knew of anyone that might be interested and wouldn't mind having a camera pointed at them that they should drop me a line.

basically it wold be like any normal fishing day/trip, but there might be some better than average photos (hopefully) later on which i'd be psyched to give back in digital format for personal use.

i grew up mostly in the NW corner of Oregon, so i am a bit partial to Salmon, Steelhead and trout, but am open to most things that swim. i'd love to hear from anyone interested or even if you just have any ideas at all.

i would show a couple examples of my work, but trying to attach images to this post is making me feel a bit challenged, so if you would like to get an idea of what i do, please visit my website at:

http://www.justinbailie.com

also, if anyone is thinking of heading towards the trinity/kalamath area for some salmon/steelhead anytime soon, drop me a line if you're looking for a carpool, etc.

also, thanks a lot Bill for putting my site on the photography section of these posts!!

thanks again and i look forward to any replies!!!

Justin Bailie

flygolf
10-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Justin, I checked out the website and must say you have a real gift. Love the photos, good luck with everything.

Wednesday Caster
10-12-2005, 07:50 PM
I love your photos. Color saturation is great. Not sure if you want a big gutted fellow (myself) waving a stick around as a model now that I see how healthy the other models are. :D
Maybe you can post a similar request/offer on ncffb.org. Best wishes to your endeavour!
Quinn

mike N
10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
I am heading out Friday AM for a few hours looking for the kings in town, 8:00 to 11:00.

Sometimes there are a few decent fly fishers out there when I fish and I bet we could talk them into a photo op.

Check your mail.

Miken

Adam Grace
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I stopped by your photo site Justin...You have some great pictures, very nice!

Keep up the good work. I would model for you but I can't seem to get away anymore.

I have figured out that school is for people who do not fish!

Latey I do not fish......Very Sad!

Nice pictures anyway, keep on shooting brotha!

mems
10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Aloha, you should come to hawaii and take pictures of real big fish, and waves, and bikinis, etc. Really nice eye and composition. Mems.

smokeater
10-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I saw your site, great photos. I am into just about everything you've been shooting. So, I would definitely be interested if you need a subject or even just to tag along......I'd like to see how it is that you can make ordinary scenes look so awesome. I have been pretty busy lately but I intend on spending a great deal of time on the water this steelhead season.