PDA

View Full Version : ADIOS

SullyTM
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
It is with great sadness that I say Adios..............................To the September Swap Flies :D

This was a terrific swap with an excellent submission of Woolie Buggers. If you don't enjoy them, send them on back to me :roll: I'll gladly use them.

Thanks for participating. I enjoyed hosting this Swap. Thom

P.S. Bill, do you have the contact and address of that high school class that is teaching fly fishing. I'd like to donate the extra flies from this swap. Thank you.

Gregg Machel
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
There is a message thread that has some information on this, although no address. http://kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=984&highlight=high+school Maybe you can email Blake (Who started that thread). His contact info is here: http://kiene.com/messageboard/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=203

SullyTM
10-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Thanks Gregg...Thom

P.S. The extra flies are being donated to Blake Merwin's high school fly fishing club. Enjoy!

Darian
10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone,.... Just received my swap flies for September.... Good looking bunch. 8) 8)

After seeing David's Olive Beadhead Bugger O' Death, I'm stunned that a large Striper would see that as a meal.... :shock: It's equivalent of a large Trout taking a size 32 midge.... :? :? It must've had it's mouth open and swam into david's retrieve :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

The OH MY GOSH Woolie Bugger is very reminiscent of a trolling style fly but the weed guard suggests something different.... Maybe large Black or Striped Bass :?: :?: How 'bout it Sturmer :?: Ready to share your secret :?: :?:

Good looking Egg Sucking Bugger by Gregg. One question, tho. Is a conehead the same as a Crystal Egg :?: :?:

Like Thom's design for the Bighead Bugger. It could be a Sculpin or maybe a Dragonfly Nymph.... 8)

once again, good flies all. Thanks for lettin' me participate and to Thom for hosting :D :D :D

Gregg Machel
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Good looking Egg Sucking Bugger by Gregg. One question, tho. Is a conehead the same as a Crystal Egg :?: :?:

I'm not sure of the official answer on that one, but what I did was take a fly from Kiene's and mimic it. I didn't have the bead that was on it, so I replaced it with the conehead. I took poetic license on this one! :)

PatrickM
10-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Got mine yesterday. All really nice flies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks, guys.

David Lee
10-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Oh , my ........

PMs black Bugger has that sparce , willowy look to it - I think it'll fish well just about anywhere . great , light weight eyes , also ....

Grub67s bugger has everything going for it - color , flash , size ..... No idea what was used for the body , but it looks LEGGY (Mmmmmm , fish food!!) . Dead drift special !

Darians Spitfire looks so classic -shades of Haig-Brown in that bug . Looks like a natural choice for the Trinity (or the Eel , or the Smith ....) . Nice to see a 'pretty' bug !

Sturmers OMG Bugger is ..... :twisted: NASTY :twisted: -

SullyTMs Bighead ?? Ever see those Tadpoles in a river .... and wonder what would eat 'em ?? Tye this critter on and find out - :idea:

Andanbs bugger is , in MY opinion , the PERFECT color , size is great , and the bulk is just right . Should be called the TROUT BUGGER .

Gregg tyes the most popular fly in Alaska , and tyes it very well . Add a Salmon-colored cone , and you have a fantastic American river fly .

Good stuff there , fellas !! Thanks for a great box o' flies !!!!!

David

SullyTM
10-14-2005, 06:58 AM
=D> Always happy to know that swappers are getting their flies. Sometimes the postal service can be slooooooow...SullyTM

Gregg Machel
10-14-2005, 09:39 AM
I got mine two days ago and was impressed with what I saw. I echo what everyone has already said about the flies and can't wait until the next one. This sure is a way to keep the skills up.

:!: I also had an idea ... For those that don't know, I'm the one that does this website. I could create a category on the website here that has information about the fly swaps that we do and also pictures of all of the flies from the past swaps, maybe with instructions as well. We've been doing this on the message board, but I think building it into a webpage would be better. Something like kiene.com/flytying/flyswaps, what do you all think? I would of course need the big man's (Mr. Kiene) approval to do this, but I don't think this would be a problem. :)

Jgoding
10-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I think that's a good idea Gregg. I'd gladly take pics etc.. but I still have no internet at home and it's going to be awhile before SBC gets their act together and puts up some lines so it would be hard for me to post them.

Jeff

Gregg Machel
10-14-2005, 02:27 PM
OK, once you get pictures, etc., we can find a way to get them to me. This could be by transfering to me from "some Internet connection", of drop off a CD at Kiene's for me. I'd like to do this for the past swaps too if this information is available, otherwise, I'll just do it for this one forward.

Instructions or "toe-tag" information would also be usefull if you have it.