PDA

View Full Version : Weekend on the Trinity.

donpline
10-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Fished the Trinity this past weekend. Had a fair trip with 7 hooked and 4 landed for 1 1/2 days fishing. Most of the fish were in that 5ish pound range. The fish were hooked on several patterns, gold stones, october caddis, prince nymphs, and crystal eggs. Took a buddy who had never fly fished or steelhead fished before, he hooked two nice fish that kicked his butt, but he's now casting like Lefty and is hooked. I laughed when he took a swim after slipping on a rock. Karma is a funny thing, because I took a fall the next day that had my Simm's G3's filled with rather chilly Trinty water. And yes it can happen to you.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the great report Don

Did you float/drift the river? 'Roughly' what area?

Jgoding
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Can't escape the Karma, I had the same thing happen to me on the S. Platte. My bro stepped in a whole and filled up his waders and I laughed my ass off, so after we both caught two decent fished right away we called it an evening.... for some reason we decided it would be cool to race back to shore and of course I took a dive and got all wet too... :(

donpline
10-10-2005, 05:25 PM
The fish were caught between Del Loma and Helena. It seemed like the fish were really starting to snap when we had to leave to make the trek back to the Bay Area. We saw several large pods of fish move across a flat below the area that we were fishing. I normally use the pontoon to drift but the acess is so good along the Lower Trinity that we just banked it.

MSP
10-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Nice report Don, looks like the fish are showing all along the river now. Anyone looking to get up here on the "T" now looks like a good time.