PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report - 10/09/05

Hairstacker
10-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Fished the Delta today out of my inflatable kayak for a few hours. Beautiful, bright, sunny day but windy. Spent quite a bit of time exploring some waters I hadn't fished since last year but they were out in the open and were real tough to fish properly in the wind. Returned to waters I've been fishing lately and only brought one to hand and missed one good strike, both on top with a deerhair popper (Tap's Bug) fished pause and pop style. Other than that, it was DEAD. Saw almost no surface activity the whole time I was there. Ah well, at least I didn't get skunked, and it's days like this that make the good ones all the more remarkable and exciting. Still got to relax and replenish the reserves to get me through another week at work though, ha. 8)

SullyTM
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Hey Mike...Don't you have a "Honey-Do" list to keep you busy on the weekends?

Nice report...Any Striper action in between basslandings? Thom

mikenewman
10-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Mike
Had an hour's "brief encounters of the bass kind" today with a couple of good takes in a very short trip - topwater is still live 'n kicking and with a hot forecast for next few days it aint over yet!!

Mike

Hairstacker
10-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Thom, no, I didn't see any stripers this last time out but I expect it will only get better from here on out -- in the past, I usually didn't give them serious thought until mid-October onward.

Mike, yep, I expect topwater to last a darn good while yet. Glad to hear you got into some. 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM
I would say that October would be my favorite month to be on the Delta for the weather.......on a calm sunny day it is so sexy.