PDA

View Full Version : Ixtapa/Zihua

john
10-07-2005, 10:46 AM
My wife and daughter have "tolerated" March vacations in Belize the last 8 years. However she's older now(the daughter) and has friends going to Ixtapa this year, so that's the plan. I know shallow water bone/tarpon/permit, but have no clue on beach/inshore stuff. I don't think I'm interested in bluewater sails and things, but the beach and close-in surf jack fishing sounds ideal. There's alot of baja and east cape info out there but little on where I'm going. Is the info on tackle/lines/ flies same/similar? Anyone have a site to review? My preference is to be over prepared/equiped with my own stuff.

Darian
10-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey John,..... You're undoubtedly gonna get numerous responses on this. I've only fished Baja inshore/surf. However, I believe the outfits and rigging and flies are similar in each area. 8) 8) Here are some sites where you can get current info on most everything you need:

www.fliesunlimited.com (Jay Murakoshi's site).
www.garybulla.com (Gary Bulla's site).
www.bajafly.com (Gary Graham's site).
www.pacificextremes.com (Ken Hanley's site).

Some of these sites are linked to this site for ease of access. You might want to check this site for travel to that area, as well. I believe Gary Graham has some guides working in mainland MX. 8)

Good luck.... :D :D :D

bajafly
10-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Try this

http://www.zihuatanejoflyfishing.com/

john
10-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks Gary. I sent Ed an e-mail last week, but assume he's busy with tournament.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi Gary,

We appreciate your help here with that Baja info.

The pictures are really wonderful too.

bajafly
10-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Bill

Your Forum is a great source of information for Fly Fishing and I am pleased to be able to contribute. Keep up the good work.

Off to East Cape this morning.