PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report 10/1/2005

Chris Laskodi
10-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Fished the Delta on Saturday with my dad out of the Tract. Were on the water by 7:30 and only fished to about 11 before we got blown off the water. Only caught one adult fish that went about 6 lbs. Caught lots of little stripers mixed in with black bass. Lots of little fish, 10-12".

We were getting grabs every 10 casts or so but not many hookups because of their small size. Most success came on small deceivers but was getting grabs on pretty much any size deceiver in any color.

Not much in the way of topwater. Only saw a few scattered boils, which was pretty disappointing. Looking to get some on topwater.

Looking to go out again this weekend.

Chris Laskodi

Katz
10-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated. That wind can be a pain.

Katz

Hairstacker
10-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi Chris, welcome aboard! I think it will only get better from here on out. We should get some good days out there, as it's usually not as windy this time of year. Hope you keep the reports comin'! 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Greeting Chris,

Thanks for the report.

You might try Mildred Island next time. We have had good top water there in October.

Chris Laskodi
10-05-2005, 07:34 PM
We actually spent almost all of our time at Mildred. Last week there was tons of action on top but we didn't have any topwater gear with us.

We were hoping to get some this week but nothing was on top. Oh well, I guess thats how it goes.

Chris Laskodi

Hairstacker
10-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah, the Delta is different in some way every time I go -- the wind, the tides, fish activity, presence of weeds, baitfish, you name it. Keeps me on my toes and makes things interesting. . . . :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
I would try a silver Crease fly on top.

Dug
10-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Ditto on Chris' report as of last Sunday 10/9. A couple of nice fish, a bunch of dinks, but overall slow on the Tract. Wind was challenging but tolerable. Should footnote this post by stating that I'm not an expert on the area or techniques - but optimistic about the coming weeks!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
It should just get better by the week till the water hits 50 degrees (like Nic stated) then it slows for most of us. I think November is a great month normally.

Jim Christensen and Andy Guibord like to find some dead end place in the Delta in mid-winter that is a degree warmer and fish very deep and slow for them.