PDA

View Full Version : Dan Blanton's STRIPERFEST -

David Lee
10-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Are any board members going this year ??

It falls on the first Saturday of November at the Sugar Bardge marina , Franks Tract .

I'm taking my wife , and looking forward to hanging out , fishing and eating .

Might be fun to share a table w/ the Kienes board contengent :idea:

David

Gregg Machel
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I've never heard about this, do you have any more info on it? Is there a webpage with details?

Hairstacker
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Gregg, go to Dan Blanton's bulletin board (www.danblanton.com) and scroll down for STRIPERFEST posts. Basically, it's an annual event to acknowledge Dan and his bulletin board as well as to raise funds to enhance the cause of striper fisheries. This year, the funds will go to the Bay/Delta Conservation Committee of the Northern California Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers.

Folks will be fishing all day and then getting together and having dinner at the Sugar Barge. The cost is $25 per person and you can buy raffle tickets for an incredible raffle of prizes -- new rods being raffled include those made by Sage (at least 3!), Redington, Loomis, TFO, Powell, Echo and Albright. New reels being raffled include those made by Abel, Tibor, TFO, Powell, Nautilus/Old Florida, and Echo. There's a whole load of other stuff being raffled as well, including quite a few fly lines, books, magazine subscriptions, fly boxes, flies, etc. Bill Kiene himself has very generously contributed "the Sage fly rod of your choice"!!

I very sadly can't make it this year but if I could, I DEFINITELY would.