PDA

View Full Version : Hot Flies For The Trinity

MSP
10-02-2005, 08:50 AM
If you're planning a trip up this way I wouldn't leave town without a few of these in the box. Ran out of the right size beads so I had to use a few coneheads. I guess I'll have to make a trip to the coast and visit the fly shop for more materials.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/MPutman/DSC00016.jpg

Wednesday Caster
10-02-2005, 09:09 AM
What a great pic (composition, depth, lighting, wow!). Really conveys how you are enjoying your time up there. :wink:
Quinn

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Wonderful shot Mike.

Do you see any October Caddis out yet?

I wonder how a big dry skated on top might work when the big caddis are flying?

We skated dries on the smooth slicks on the Dean River in BC many years ago. I hear that local guide Herb Burton uses Muddlers skated on top on the Trinity.

SteelieD
10-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Nice wine! :wink: Oh, and the flies look good too!

MSP
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Yea
SD the wine is definately better than the flies! No I haven't seen any October Caddis on the river yet. I have only seen a few smaller caddis fluttering around. I'm hoping to get into some dry fly fishing but I have only seen fish rolling around as they are coming up the river, nothing I would say that are taking a fly. Bill, I met a guide named Herb from the Trinity Fly Shop. I was fishing my run and he was coming down the river with a couple of clients. The second time I saw them I invited them to fish the run as I was fighting a smaller King. He got them out of the raft and positioned them in the run and we chated for about a 1/2 hour or so. One of his clients was fishing a muddler, he said the take was awsome, but they didn't get anything during their time in my honey hole. Seemed like a pretty good guy, really likes fishing the lower river.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Herb & Pat Burton own the fly shop in Lewiston.

Herb guides and Pat runs the shop.

They are very knowledgable about the entire Trinity River and Lewiston Lake as well.

http://www.trinityflyshop.com/Default.htm

I will have to get up there.