PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River 10/1/05

MSP
10-01-2005, 07:22 PM
The wife got back from her travels last night exhausted. A good nights sleep and she was ready to hit the river with me acting as guide Mike. We woke up to an overcast sky with mist and intermittent rain. Was hoping to get on the river when the sun was coming over the mountain, but no sun, so we ended up having to don the waders and rain gear. On the river about 9:00 I position her in the run and she begins to get the kinks out and get here timing down. A few cast later she was drifting the bug right down the heart of the run. After maybe 5 minutes we're watching the line drift down and then it stops, Set the Hook! Set the Hook! I don't why I bothered yelling she was already into a 6-7 pound Steelhead. The fish takes off down river and we gave chase. A great 2 1/2 ft leap and it looked like she was about to land her first adult Steelie. Into the shallows and it decides to make another quick run when the fly separated from the line. Crap, she asked me what she did wrong and I told her you hired the wrong guide. The stupid guide didn't retie the fly on from the previous trip and there you have it. I did the same thing 2 days ago ](*,) , what an idiot! Any way I did get a pic of her doing a masterful job bringing that fish in. Fished till 11:30 without another chance, but tomorrow is another day.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/MPutman/DSC00253.jpg

David Lee
10-01-2005, 07:37 PM
There's a special place in Hell for guys like you (guys that have 6 weeks off on the river , guys that have fishing partners like Wendy , .....) .

I do have to say ..... you deserve every one of those fish - you've put your time in , and ya have a grip on what it takes .

GREEN with envy , and still not able to cast , David :crybaby:

Jasonh
10-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Great report Mike. Nice photo and an even better looking stretch of water there. That has steelhead written all over it. Hope you and your wife had fun.

Jason Hartwick

Hairstacker
10-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Yep, GREAT report and photo Mike! I agree with David completely, you've been putting in the time and now it's all deservedly paying off. Sounds like you and the Mrs. are having way too much fun up there. 8) 8) 8)

Wednesday Caster
10-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Now that's a novel idea! My wife going fishing with me. I am always showing pictures of women fishing to try to entice her to join me and to show that women do have fun fishing. She hasn't bit on the idea yet (2 years trying). Gotta cast one more time and drift another one by her- I'll show this picture of your wife (looking very stylish 8) by the way) and hope my wife will eventually take the offer.
Great report and pic.
Quinn