PDA

View Full Version : Even a Blind Squirrel Finds an Acorn Once in a While!

MSP
09-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Hello All, haven't been reporting much because I haven't had anything to report, other than I've been seeing boatloads of Salmon and Steelhead moving up the river, from Hoopa, Tish Tang, and just below the wier below Willow Creek. I did manage to find that Acorn today :shock: a chrome bright 5 pounder that took a #8 Tan Fox Poopah with a beadhead. Not sure why I put it on but with the luck I've been having what the Hell! Second cast to a fish I saw rolling and I finally have my first Trinity Steelhead of the year. I've only seen 3 other Fly guys down this low so I am not getting much information. The beaders have been taking some Salmon and a Steelie now and then, but I think the bite may be just starting. All the fish I have seen have been moving and don't seem to want much in the way of food yet. I do have a picture of the fish today and will e-mail it to Jason and see if he can post it.

Until next time :D :shock: :shock:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I wish I was there.

Mike,
I will have to have you mark a StreamTime map of where to fish in that lower river.

Jasonh
09-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Mike, way to go. I would be happy to post the picture if you send it to me. Just goes to show that those dang fox poopahs work everywhere! Keep it up.

Jason Hartwick

MSP
09-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi Bill and Jason, I would be happy to point out the spots I've been fishing, not sure if they are any good with the luck I've been having, but I know in the past I've gotten plenty of fish out of them. It's been fun finding new spots, being up here this long has let me do a lot of exploring. Jason the pic should be there. Thanks

Jasonh
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
MSP's trintiy river steelhead.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/longhorn4life/Fishing/msp.jpg

David Lee
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Nice fish , Mike ...

Too bad you messed-up the photo (I don't see your hand anywhere :P ....).

Hope ya get another dozen tomorrow !!

David

Adam Grace
09-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Congrats Mike!

Nice Fish!

jbird
09-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Mike

Thats a magazine cover fish! Very pretty. Nice going.

Jbird

Hairstacker
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
All right Mike! Way to go. I KNEW you were going to get 'em. 8)

sculpin
09-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Now that the ice is broken maybe you can rack them up. The one you got is really a bright fish.

CW
09-27-2005, 03:30 PM
MSP -
Doing what you do best I see .... landing beautiful fish.

Glad someone is catching fish ... cough cough.

Nice work.