PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Dakota

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-22-2005, 08:32 PM
We are back in SD for a 60 year wedding anniversery for my wife's aunt and uncle.

Darian
09-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Bill,.... Sounds like a celebration to me!!! Hope you and your wife have a good time and please pass along my congratulations to the anniversary couple.... 8) 8) 8) To put that in perspective, I was born 5 years before they were married.... :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I was in Cabelas in Mitchell, SD yesterday and was golfing today so I guess it all uphill from here.

They have 30 bass ponds on their ranch so I might still be able to pull out of this dive.

David Lee
09-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey , Boss -

Try the Missiouri outside of Yankton , SD .... Smallmouth up the ying-yang , Pike to 15 lbs. , and Walleyes in there big-time !!

I always wanted to move there for the fishing/bird hunting , but I've heard that the WINTERS are a bit grim :wink:

Ever notice I don't ever give your wife a hard time ?? Any woman that comes from that part of the country is tougher than I'll ever be :D

David , in fly-tying hell

Hairstacker
09-24-2005, 03:54 AM
Bill, 30 bass ponds on a private ranch sounds EXTREMELY promising! I couldn't wait to get out there if I were you. And you're GOLFING instead? What, you forgot your fly rods or somethin'? :lol:

I lived for 2 years in Grand Forks, North Dakota, 5 years in Omaha, Nebraska, and 2 years in Wichita, Kansas -- the winters in the Midwest are indeed brutal. I recall one winter in Grand Forks when the wind chill factor got down to 75 degrees below zero during a blizzard. :shock:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Well it is raining today and we have the big shindig too.

Maybe next week I can get out some.

They have great pheasant, deer, duck and goose hunting here too.

Their ranch backs up to the "river hills" on the Missouir River which is damed up and like a lake here with lots of Walleyes.