PDA

View Full Version : MFB

slack_in_the_box
09-22-2005, 10:04 AM
If you're like me, you spend the better part of a year saving and planning for a trip to a far away destination. During that time, if it's bonefishing say, you read up on the greatest patterns, techniques, lines, tippet equations, drag settings, etc for BONEFISHING.

And when the day finally arrives and you're out on the water catching bonefish, a totaly unexpected experience presents itself. Maybe some rooster, jacks, or a shark come around. SHOOT! you think. Only if I had "..." I could be into that school of "..."

I came across this article by Chico Fernandez. It's defintely what I needed to hear. Hope you enjoy... :)

http://midcurrent.com/articles/flies/fernandez_anywhere.aspx

Darian
09-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Good article. Chico's a good writer. Makes his stuff an informartive, easy and enjoyable read. 8)

Thanks for the info.... 8) 8) 8)

Hairstacker
09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Rhys, great article, thanks! I have lost track of the number of times I went somewhere to target some species of fish and ended up wishing I had packed for something else as well. No more. Now I usually bring something of everything for anything I might encounter. For example, when I went to the Lower Yuba recently to specifically target trout, I was also ready for the bass fishing I discovered in plain view of our campsite. 8)

slack_in_the_box
09-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Let me know if you come up with a MFB recipe for your areas.

Being that you guys have quick access to the Sierra, Surf, Bays, and Lakes you could really benefit from having a box that incorporates all of the different species and fisheries in case of a quick weekend getwaway.

Darian
09-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi Rhys,..... Was giving your last post some thought and concluded that it would tahe several MFB's to meet the need around here..... :? :? There's crossover between Black and Striped Bass, some cross over between surf and rock fishing. Lotsa cross over between Trout, Shad, Salmon, Steelhead and Cutthroat Trout..... Sooooo, to avoid carrying a thousand or so flies, you'd need maybe 4 MFB's.... 8) 8) 8) Then there's the specialty box for places like Pyramid Lake, etc........... :roll: :roll: :wink: