PDA

View Full Version : Middle Rogue Steelhead

Langenbeck
09-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Tonight behind the house caught & released my first summer steelhead - a 30" hatchery fish that took my trusty bead head nymph. Took me well into my backing.

Middle Rogue(Grants Pass area) is just now beginning to see steelhead holding in this portion of the river. Current flows are about 1,450 cfs going to 1,100 by this Wed where they will remain until 1 Oct and then the flows will match the inflows at Lost Creek Reservoir which are about 900 cfs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gordonl/30Steelhead18Sep05Two.jpg

Jasonh
09-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Nice catch! As always i love to see your reports and pics from behind your house. You are a lucky man!

Jason Hartwick

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks Gordon

I think you will be seeing some of these CA guys up your way soon.

It is hard to believe that you could walk out the back down and have the Rogue River right there with Steelhead in it too.

I guess you planned all this pretty well, you lucky dog.

One of our buddies just bought a place right on the Umpqua River down near Elkton near Interstate 5 where they have Smallmouth Bass.

Adam Grace
09-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm very jealous Gordon...In fact I HATE you. :D

Lucky guy, the Rogue is a great river!

Your steelie makes my Feather fish look like a smolt!

Hairstacker
09-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Wow Gordon, awesome fish! Looks like you're starting your season just right, ha. Knowing you, we're going to start seeing a lot of pictures of some great fish again. 8)

MSP
09-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Well done Gordon, looks like you're starting the season out right! Keep those cards and letters coming, oh yea and the pictures too!