PDA

View Full Version : Baker's Dozen

SullyTM
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Went out to a "secret hole" at first light today and had to leave after 90 minutes...Caught 13 fish and couldn't believe it :shock: Now mind you nothing went over 9 inches but I was nailing bass(9), bluegill(2) and chub(2)...In a few weeks this "hole" will be a couple of feet deeper and filled with Chinook [-o< (If the rains come)...Funny thing about little bass...they fight like the dickens! My 13th fish hooked was caught as the fly was resting a couple of inches under water while the rod was cradled in my arm as I was tooting my nose...SPLASH went the rod, but I grabbed it and landed my trophy fish...a 9 inch Bass! :oops: Later. Thom

09-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey Thom
Check the regs. I believe your spot closes Oct. 14th. I help count Salmon there every Nov. 4th. to 8th. Last year that section had over 700 Kings making redds. When that happens you won't see even one bass anywhere the rest of the winter. David tells me they just turn to pebbles on the bottom of deep holes.

MSP
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Nice job Thom, maybe I should do the nose thing, maybe I'll get sniff :D BTW: I do need some company up here, so get in the minivan and skirt up here for a couple of days. I need someone to show me how it's done! Ahhhhhh,Chew :wasted: