PDA

View Full Version : feather river

Ed Wahl
09-18-2005, 07:43 AM
fished the low flow section on saturday. only fish i saw were dark and nasty looking. spoke to a d.w.r. guy who was conducting a survey along the river, guess what he said, all together now, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LAST WEEK. just gotta be there when they're coming through, otherwise it's casting practice. i'll try again next week.

Adam Grace
09-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Better luck next time Ed

steve sullivan
09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
fished the low flow section on saturday. only fish i saw were dark and nasty looking. spoke to a d.w.r. guy who was conducting a survey along the river, guess what he said, all together now, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LAST WEEK. just gotta be there when they're coming through, otherwise it's casting practice. i'll try again next week.

Hi, Fished for a couple of hours on tuesday and it was preety good, saw a decent ammount of fish. On wed and thur it was really slow, only had one hookup the whole 2 days, and I only fished a couple of hours on tuesday (in the late afternoon at that!!) and had fish on, one was a mo of about 30 pounds who after about a half hour wrapped himself around something to break off the 17 pound tippet. The fish I saw that day were olive to red, the only fish I saw the next two days were black.

Ed Wahl
09-25-2005, 08:37 AM
hit it again on saturday, different spot, more dark fish but not so many gear guys. caught four or five dark fish and at sundown hooked into a big strong one, several jumps and a couple hundred yards downstream it broke off. made the whole day worthwhile.

Tony Buzolich
09-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi Ed,

Like the Water Resource guy said, "you should have been here yesterday".

These fish move through fast when they're fresh and there is an overlapping of fish that have been here and new ones coming in on top off older ones.

Now, if you could only know when??? :)
TONY

Ed Wahl
09-25-2005, 10:12 AM
i talked to a couple of flyfishers yesterday, they said friday evening the whole run there filled up with fish.i gotta get a crystal ball.

Tony Buzolich
09-25-2005, 05:32 PM
The run is full of fish but the key is finding the fresh ones that just got here.
TONY