PDA

View Full Version : September Fly Swap is CLOSED

SullyTM
09-09-2005, 10:08 AM
The Swap door is Closed. We have a good line-up of Woolie Bugger tiers.

1. Me
2. Darian
3. David
4. Sturmer
5. Grub67
6. Gregg
7. pm
8. andanb

Deadline to mail flies is Saturday, October 1. So get tying folks \:D/ With 8 tiers we'll all tie 9. I will pm everyone with mailing instructions. If you can supply return postage that will be appreciated...but it's not necessary.

Toe Tags please. Pattern name/hook size/Tiers name

Now, who can post photos once the flies are sent to everyone? I do not have that capability.

Thanks for joining in. Thom

Gregg Machel
09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I have choosen my fly. I'll be tying a Crystal Egg Sucking Black Woolie Bugger.

SullyTM
09-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Gregg, sounds yummy. Thanks. Thom

SullyTM
09-14-2005, 07:51 AM
OK fellas, now that the August Swap is closed and David will be mailing them out...I get to play motherhen. How is everyone doing on the September flies? You all have plenty of time...Deadline is end of September. Need some motivation? MINE ARE DONE :twisted: Just goes to show you that I have nothing better to do at night than tie. Later. Thom

SullyTM
09-15-2005, 01:27 PM
OH MY GOSH! Just received Sturmer White's Swap flies. I'm not telling anyone what they look like...suffice to say they'll flow in the water and have the fish gobbling them down. Thanks Sturmer...Thom

Grub67
09-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Sully, my flies are done will be mailing them out today. Black woolly bugger with copper bead and flash. Substituted hackle with some material I came across in a sewing shop. Guys let me know what you think and how they work out. Thanks

SullyTM
09-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks Grub...Looking forward to seeing your flies. Of course I as Swap Master might have to field test one before sending any out :wink: Just kidding. I'll wait! Thom.

Darian
09-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Thom,.... Got the Spitfires done. Working on the additional pattern (Pyramid Bugger) now. Should be done and in the mail by Saturday.... :D :D :D

SullyTM
09-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks Darian...You're not tying Pyramid Buggers for the swap also are you? The Spitfires will be fine 8) Unless of course you have to put the 2 patterns side-by-side and sip some Auntie Jane's Elixar of Health to decide which one to submit :roll: Later. Thom

andanb
09-20-2005, 03:24 PM
They go into the mail today.

SullyTM
09-20-2005, 03:45 PM
=D> The September submissions are heading my way. andanb, Darian, Grub67 and Sturmer have sent theirs. The 3 Amigos are still slaving away at their vises. David, Gregg and pm...Who is going to win the "Last To Submit" Award? Now, if you're out fishing I can understand...Thanks. Thom.

SullyTM
09-21-2005, 12:58 PM
...just received Mr. Calhoun's SPITFIRES. Oh yeah! I could go fishin' this afternoon :wink: Thanks Darian.

David Lee
09-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Sent Olive Buggers of death out today .

You should see them before Wensday , Thom . Also some other things in the box for ya - :twisted:

David

SullyTM
09-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks D'...only two tyers left. They know who they are :evil: I've been staring at Sturmer's and Darian's flies for several days...Boy Howdy am I tempted to use them! Thanks all. Thom

SullyTM
09-27-2005, 06:40 AM
andanb's Green Woolies are now IN! These are fish getters! Who's next? Thanks.

SullyTM
09-28-2005, 11:58 AM
David's Beadhead Olive Buggers are in...Not Fair! You guys are pulling out all of the stops...Deadline is Saturday! Later. Thom

Gregg Machel
10-01-2005, 10:52 PM
I think I may be the last one. I just finished mine a few minutes ago and will get them out on Monday. Better late than never. :nod:

Anyone know what needs to be on the toe tags?

Gregg Machel
10-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Never mind about the toe tag, I just read the post, like I should have in the first place. DoH! :-#

SullyTM
10-04-2005, 12:29 PM
All of the remaining flies are heading to Negativeland. Hoping to have all of them in the mail this weekend...just in time for some late season bass fishing 8)

Who can post pictures for me of the finished flies? Speak up...don't be shy!

What to do with the extra flies?? Is anyone involved with a non-profit group that might be having a raffle dinner or some other donation driven event? I'd be willing to donate to any worthy organization. Or, the bidding will start at $5.00 :evil:

Thanks everyone for participating in the Wooly Bugger Swap. Thom

Darian
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Thom,.... There was a fly fishing club being formed at a local (Sacramento area) High School mentioned on this BB. 8) 8) I can't recall the name of it but I'm sure Bill Kiene knows. Anyway, they could probably use some sample patterns.... :D :D (I couldn't find the posting/note)

SullyTM
10-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Darian...If Bill has a contact name and address I'll donate the extra buggers to the students. Thanks for remembering them.

Bill? Gotta name? Thank you. Thom

PatrickM
10-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi guys,
Unfortunately, I'm the lagger this time. They've been done for a while, but I kind of spaced on the sending them in part of the deal. No excuses, except for loss of brain cells. :twisted: They're going in the mail today.
To make up for it, I'm up for hosting the next swap, if you guys will still have me.
Thanks for hosting this one, Thom.

Gregg Machel
10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Your not alone PM, I too have them finished but haven't mailed them. They are in my laptop bag and will be dropped off in the mail on the way home today.

I just couldn't let you take all the blame yourself, now you only have 50% of the blame. :)

SullyTM
10-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Grub67's Black Beadhead Woolie Buggers have arrived 8) Very nice Woolies :thumbsup: Hopefully, you'll sign up for more swaps. Only two more packages left in the U.S. Postal system...Thanks. Thom

PatrickM
10-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks, Gregg. I don't feel so bad now.

SullyTM
10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Gregg, pm...Don't feel bad guys! Grub sent his flies in a couple of weeks ago and they were lost by the postal system...Oh, wait a minute! That could happen to you guys :shock: Grub had a back-up supply of Buggers by the way :wink:

This has been an excellent Swap. Woolies are one of the most popular and versatile flies out there. Bwup! Thom

SullyTM
10-06-2005, 02:36 PM
pm's Black Buggers have arrived :) They're OK :^o...I lied. They're terrific. Thanks pm for participatin. Ahhh, Gregg...looks like you're the last to deliver :wink: Later. Thom

Gregg Machel
10-06-2005, 03:38 PM
They went off today in the mail. So many delays this week just trying to get to the post office. :( Better late than never though! :)

SullyTM
10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Gregg...The BEST are always saved until last :) Thanks for joining the Swap. It'll be easier during the dark days of winter, however, I love to fly fish in the cold \:D/ . Thom

Gregg Machel
10-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm with you on that one, I would much rather fish in the cold than in the heat.