PDA

View Full Version : Darian's on the cusp of a grand -

David Lee
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
"Holeey Cats' , as one would say .....

1,000 posts is ..... :shock: it's a LOT to say . Sometimes jive , more often nuggets of wisdom from YEARS of being there 8) 8) 8) .

We are insanely lucky to have this gathering . My heartfelt thanks to Darian Calhoun , and to the rest of the posters for making this board HOME .

By the way , D. -you won the bottle of your choice .... what'll it be ?? Irish , or something from further northeast ??

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-09-2005, 09:32 AM
We appreciate all who contribute here but Darian is in a class of his own.

I think he has probably fished more places than most?

If I am "Boca Grande" then what is a good nic-name for Darian?

Gregg Machel
09-09-2005, 09:55 AM
How about "boca grande segundo"? \:D/

David Lee
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
:twisted: MALO GRINGO :twisted:

:D David

mems
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Aloha Darian, congrats, just one more and you make it. It is like watching your odometer role over after 99,999 miles. Come on Darian just one more post . You can do it! Mems.

Darian
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
OK, OK,..... Guess I gotta fess up.... Been havin too much fun, here.... But, as W. C. Fields once said, "Too much of a good thing is wonderful" :lol: :D

Finally got a chance to try my knee out today and drove up to the Yuba. Didn't do much fishin', tho. Spent most of the day exploring the new river bed and talking to some farmers trying to get access to the river off Walnut Ave. Not sure why but roads that used to be open to entry are now, uniformly, posted.... :? Even after spending many years gaining the confidence of those guys.... :? :?

Oh well, guess I'll just have to check with Tony for a Salmon trip.... :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Congratulations my good old friend...................you are now in the "Club 1000"

Darian
09-09-2005, 11:43 PM
.....Does this say something about my social life :roll: :roll: :wink:

Gregg Machel
09-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Whoo Hooo, Bill and Darian are over 1000 (years old) :evil: hehehe

Let me give you the first new fish from the smilies ... :fish: :fish2:

Alastair
09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Darian, good job on being a long winded blowhard with nothing else better to do. :D Seriously, thanks for helping me out with your replies to my questions.
I didn't know your last name was Calhoun. Do you know what this means? It means we are clan brothers. I am an Ingram, born in Dundee, Scotland. I am a member of Clan Colquhoun, so are you. I just visited the clan grounds near Luss, Scotland, there is even a Colquhoun museum there. We'll have to plan a trip and do some fishing there. There are some world class rivers there. From what I gather from this forum, Scotland may be the ONLY place you haven't fished, yet. :) Here is a pic of me at the River Ericht, near Blairgowrie. If you are so inclined, I put up some pics of our trip at http://bonniescotland.saxlessons.com
http://photobucket.com/albums/b256/AIngram/th_DSCN1776.jpg

gryhackl
09-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Congratulations Darian! You got a lot to say and mostly it's pretty good. I figure if I just start congratulating everyone on their many sagatious and incisive posts, pretty soon I'll have a thousand.

SullyTM
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Darian... W.C. Fields also said: "Women and elephants have one thing in common. They're fun to look at...but you wouldn't want to own one!"

Keep up the posts...

Bwup! SullyTM

Darian
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey Alastair,.... It's nice ta be knowin' tha' another person in this world is a fellow Scot and, indeed, a clansman 8) 8) 8) .... I'll be lookin' in on your pictures. Bet it was a good trip :D :D

Thom,.... W. C. Fields, also, had something to say about not drinking water because of what fish did in it :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mr. Pombo had the EPA in his sights long before he was elected to office. I'd say that the Act is probably as flawed as any other body of law and, if the truth be told, needs some tuning. 8) The problem is that once something is in place, you might not want any lawmaker (federal/state or local) to review it for fear of them making it worse.... :shock: :shock: It's been my experience that if anything can go wrong, it will.... (Like in Murphy's Law :-k )

Adam Grace
09-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Congrats Darian!

Darian
09-10-2005, 10:57 PM
I've been sitting here (after my 25 mile ride, today), trying to figure out what sagatious and incisive means..... :? :? :? Me thinks I might've met my verbal match in "gryhckl" 8) 8) 8) :D :D

Perhaps watchin' the "Holy grail" while sampling a wee bit o' fermented barley (Irish o'course) will suggest the true meaning of the two words..... 8) 8) 8) Otherwise, it's off to read the dictionary..... :lol: :lol:

SteelieD
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Darian, you are a great resource on this board! As it has been said, it seems there are very few places you havn't fished and we appreciate your experience here. Congrats. =D>