PDA

View Full Version : Pontoons

jbird
09-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I think I need a pontoon boat. I am mostly inclined to fish rivers so a 9' minimum is what I'm thinking of. Dont want to spend over 500. Any suggestions?

J

Jasonh
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
jbird, i have an outcast pac 1000 which is ten feet. I would recommend that one because it is very easy to manuver and will handle some tough water such as rattlesnake on the rogue. A lot of the guys i know that fish the rogue prefer the 10 footers to anything else. They might be a little more expensive but you want something that works well and will last a while. My 2 cents worth.

Jason Hartwick

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Bucks, Outcast and Scadden make good boats.

New, the better 9' ones will be ~$1000USD

Look for something that will be closed out this Fall or something used.

How much do you weigh?

What rivers will you be on?

jbird
09-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I plan on mostly floating the rogue, williamson and wood. I weight 210. I am starting to turn my eye to the creek company ODC 915. Does that sound suicidal for the upper rogue? I would love to find something used.

Jay

Forelle
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
I was going through the same considerations last year. I finally opted for the Pac 1200 over the Pac 1000 because it can be set up for 1 or 2 people. The nice thing is that when it's set up for 1 you can leave the casting platform and brace on it and stand up! I do this quite a bit on slower moving parts of the Sac and Yuba and in eddies where I can drop anchor safely, and I don't have to tell you how sweet this is on lakes. If I opted for a 1 person model I would go with the Scadden boats, his have a neat option where you can slide the casting platform from under the seat and pull over the lean bar like a roller coaster ride, really neat and fast. If you're tight on cash, keep your eyes open on sites like this for a used boat, they're out there. Good luck!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
We stock the Outcast "Discovery 9" @ $650 USD.

http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/discovery.shtml

http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/images/fullsize/18.jpg