PDA

View Full Version : Lower Trinity

MSP
09-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I've been up here for a couple of weeks now and still haven't hung a decent fish. Everything has been under 10" but I finally did see some fish rolling below Big Rock on Sunday morning but no takers. It looks like there are some fish starting to come this way. I should be fishing the fly only water or take a trip down the Klamath but I'm a stubborn old fart and I'm going to get me a 1/2 pounder or an adult down here if it kills me. Probably will. Haven't seen but 2 other fisherman since I got here so I don't know if it's just me or the fish just aren't very numerous. I'd like to think it's the later. Hopefully there will be more favorable reports to come, until then have fun chasing those American Steelies, looks like they are starting to show, until next time.

Jasonh
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Hope the fishing picks up for you. I am looking forward to seeing some hand/fish pictures! Maybe you should quit being so stubborn and head over to the klamath and fish. Sounds like it is starting to pick up over there.

Jason Hartwick

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Mike,

A big push of Halfpounders went up the Klamath last weekend.

There might be some Steelhead way down in the Trinity just above the Klamath.

October, especially after a rain, should be the start for the Trinity Steelehading.