PDA

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER FLY SWAP

SullyTM
09-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Any interest in another Fly Swap? We could hold off until October...I would host another one...WOOLIE BUGGERS would be my Swap choice. Anything goes on the woolie pattern. Let me know if there's an interest and I'll see if it's worth doing another one or maybe we all should take a month off :?: Thanks. Thom

Darian
09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Hmmmm,.... Lets seeeee..... Tying up maybe a dozen wooly buggers to receive about a dozen wooly buggers (same color even :?: ) in return..... :?: :?: I'd be interested in hearing what "anything goes" means :? :? :?

SullyTM
09-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi Darian..."Anything goes" means you can take liberites with the "traditional" design. One thing though...the woolies MUST have some sort of "tail". Other than that the sky is the limit. Be creative...If I can muster up a few tiers I'll go with the HOST position. Let's wait and see who bites. Thanks. Thom

David Lee
09-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Big Thom , good to see ya back !!

Put me down for two - my infamous #6 olive beadhead bugger , and maybe a #12 peacock Wolley Worm :idea:

Not that anyone here deserves them ..... :twisted:

David

Darian
09-02-2005, 10:55 PM
OK, OK.... I'll get into this one. Gotta pattern from antiquity called the Spitfire.... 8) Last read about it in the '60s. :( Supposedly good for lakes/rivers, Salmon/Steelhead.... 8) 8) Maybe another pattern if a low number of participants involved 8) 8) 8)

David Lee
09-03-2005, 09:01 AM
OK, OK.... I'll get into this one. Gotta pattern from antiquity called the Spitfire.... 8) Last read about it in the '60s. :( Supposedly good for lakes/rivers, Salmon/Steelhead.... 8) 8) Maybe another pattern if a low number of participants involved 8) 8) 8)

:lol: Your M.O. is obivous , my friend ...... signing on just so you can get the coveted olive bugger of death ..... :P

Believe it or not , I'll take some to Baja with me to see what kind of monsters I can dredge up with them :idea:

Should be interesting , I think .

David

Darian
09-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Caught again.... :twisted:

In large sizes, the "olive beahead wooly bugger" could be mistaken for a small squid..... Maybe take some different colors, as well. Say..... all white or purple/black, etc. :?: :?:

SullyTM
09-03-2005, 10:03 PM
The September Fly Swap is a GO! The pattern is the WOOLIE BUGGER.

So far:

> SullyTM
> David L.
> Darian C.

Who else?

Swap with CLOSE on Friday, September 9. Flies will be due, say October 1? If that time frame is rushed, just let me know and it can be extended. Thanks. Thom

Gregg Machel
09-04-2005, 12:45 AM
Sign me up for this one, I need to get back into this. :)

09-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah! I am a go for this.
Make mine a large mouth version of the OH MY GOSH that's big Boooger! :roll:

SullyTM
09-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Update on Woolie Bugger tiers:

>Me
>David
>Darian
>Gregg
>Sturmer

Lookin' good...Anybody else got a Bugger that'll catch some fish [-o<

Later. Thom

Grub67
09-06-2005, 07:27 AM
I would like to get in also, just let me know how many

Gregg Machel
09-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Grub67, it's usually the number of participants plus one. So if 10 people sign up, you need to tie 11 flies.

PatrickM
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
This swap sounds pretty cool. I'm in! Put me down for a version of the black bugger. It's been known to fool the occassional trout, and one pretty nice steelie on the American last year. :wink:

SullyTM
09-06-2005, 11:41 AM
We have 2 more lucky Bugger tiers. Welcome Grub67 and pm. Current total, including myself is 7 =D> The swap close this Friday. I'm going to set the limit of tiers to 10 so we have 3 more spots...OK with everyone? thanks to all the Woolie tiers. Thom

andanb
09-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a few different patterns that have seemed to work well at Putah and the McCloud conservency. (You can ask chemdoc)

The buggers I tie are on the small side 10 or 12.

This would be my first forray into the swap.

SullyTM
09-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Welcome to your first Kiene's Fly Swap andanb...you'll enjoy it :!:

Current lineup is:

1. Me - size 8 Big Head Olive Woolie Bugger
2. Darian - Spitfire Bugger
3. David - #6 Olive Beadhead Bugger
4. Sturmer - OH MY GOSH Bugger
5. Grub67 - TBD
6. Gregg - TBD
7. pm - Black Bugger
8. andanb - size 10/12 Bugger

Swap closes Friday...any more tiers? I'll pm everyone with my mailing instructions. Thanks everyone. Thom

P.S. Remember, Toe tags are appreciated.

SullyTM
09-08-2005, 07:46 AM
...tick-tick-tick! 24 hours left for anyone who feels they have a Woolie Bugger pattern that'll hook 'em up. If you've never participated in a Swap, I'll quote The Mayor: " :twisted: " thanks. Thom

David Lee
09-08-2005, 06:22 PM
The mayor's response -

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Get out and VOTE :!: :P :twisted: :idea:

By the way , big fella ..... time you came up to fish , right ???

:mrgreen: David