PDA

View Full Version : Delta Striper

Katz
09-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have a good recommendation of a web page that gives regular reports on fishing the Delta for Striper?

Thanks in advance,

Katz

Darian
09-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey Katz,.... After this one, there's Blanton's site:

www.danblanton.com

you could, also, try the San Jose Mercury News, San Francisco Chronicle and the Contra Costa Times sites. Each has a decent fish reporyt on Thursdays for the west delta/Carquinez Straits, Bay areas. 8) 8)

There're undoubtedly many others but if you're busy wacthing all of 'em, there won't be any time to fish.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Delta Striper fishing is Mid-October through March so that is why you might not see anything on most BBs now about the Delta Stripers.

I would look at Dan Blanton's BB.........

Our BB here.........

and the NCFFB..........

Our staff and fishing buddies follow the Stripers 12 months of the year.

Here are some popular places to be throughout the year, roughly:

Delta = October - March (November is great)

Lower Feather River = Feb - June (big ones)

Lower American River = April - September (June is slow)

Lower Sacramento River near Colusa = April - June (big spawning run)

Pacific Ocean/beaches = July - Sept

Richmond/San Rafael Bridge = North SF Bay - Sept/Oct

JJohnson
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
The Best information I've located has been on FishFirst and Kiene's Site. Blanton's site does not often post reports, spending most of its effort on equipment and line issues, and talking primarily about other regions such as Mexico. If you're into that, Blanton's site is ok. Otherwise, talk to the folks who are happy to share information, such as Kiene regulars. We will be hitting the East Delta shortly, and will provide reports. Yesterday, the action around the Pittsburg area was tremendous, though I was not told where exactly. Good hunting.

Katz
09-05-2005, 10:12 AM
I guess I'm getting a little anxious. I will be patient and stick with this board. I know their going to be coming into the delta soon and want to be ready for them.

Thanks to all that contribute to the borad. I will be sure to give reports on anywhere I go as well.

Katz