PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Alastair
09-02-2005, 12:45 AM
...I wanted to go fishing this weekend. Where would I go? I live in Sonoma County and could spend the night somewhere on Sunday night and go fishing Sunday evening and all day Monday. Where would you go? My new Sage Launch needs some exercise! So do I. :lol:

David Lee
09-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Hmmmmmm ......

The top two miles of Pit #4 - I'd bring several spools of 5x , lots of BB splitshot , and a FULL box of #18 PT nymphs , and #12 black AP nymphs :twisted: - There's no better place to learn how to high stick ..... :idea:

And a DRY change of clothes ..... :roll:

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-02-2005, 08:00 AM
We think the second week of September is the start of the Isonychia mayfly hatch on the Pit River. This is the best trout stream fly fishing in CA.

The Klamath River might be fishing OK above and below the mouth of the Trinity River early and late in the day.

The Lower Yuba River could be a good idea near the Hwy 20 Bridge east of Marysville.

Actually Stoney Creek which is west of Williams off Interstate 5 is in the wild trout program and should be fishing well for a small stream adventure?

Darian
09-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Alastair,.... You're sittin' close to a good warm water fishery in Lake Sonoma. 8) There's some other lakes in the Santa Rosa area for warm water fishin, too. If not there, how about the Eel River above or just downstream from Lake Pillsbury.... :?: :?: