PDA

View Full Version : Fall is near

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-31-2005, 10:18 PM
As soon as it cools a bit in early September we will have lots of things turning around.

The high country starts to fish better after the first cool night in September.

Many lakes get better then. Lake Crowley is famous for September fishing. Davis Lake is wild in October. Eagle Lake is best in November.

The Pit River turns on too with the Isonychia mayflies on the move. Mid-September on.

Halfpounders are coming into many long rivers in Nor Cal.

Bass/panfish will come in from the deeper water as it cools.

Sept/Oct is the start of the bay/delta Striper fishing.

Salmon in the Feather is good in September and the lower American is good for Salmon in October.

October is the month you should just quit your job, get a divorce, sell the kids to the gypsies and go fishing. (only kidden’)

Almost everything that swims is bitting in the Fall.

rrivera
08-31-2005, 10:23 PM
You sell the Fall Season well Bill... \:D/ Can't wait for that bit of nip in the air.. :!:

Hairstacker
09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Yep, October is definitely my favorite month of the year for fly fishing for largemouths in the Delta -- the weather's nice, it's the least windy time of the year, bass are looking up, and stripers start moving into areas I normally fish. 8)

jbird
09-01-2005, 06:07 PM
The problem with fall is, theres so much going on youd have to clone yourself 20 times over to send youself to all the places you want to go. I always seem to say, "I'd go there if this wasnt so good" :lol:

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Yes 'jbird' you are right on that one.

There is even hunting for some then too.