PDA

View Full Version : The board is dead this weekend!

Jasonh
08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Man either everyone is out fishing, the fishing is not very productive, or ya'll are just lazy. Someone out there had to have fished somewhere this weekend. Reports?

Jason Hartwick

MSP
08-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey Jason, you must not be doing any fishing either if you're just sitting around checking out the board.

Here's a report for you, I still haven't had a grab by an adult type steelie yet. Floated from Hawkins Bar to Salyer yesterday and only heard a couple of nice fish rolling where we stopped for lunch. The river is coming up tonight and hopefully will bring in some fresh fish from the Klamath. The wife is heading south tomorrow so I will be out of touch until she returns on Tuesday night. Hopefully I will have a little better report when she returns. Looking forward to SteellieD's report when he returns fom fishing the fly only waters below the dam. Until then Adios!

flygolf
08-28-2005, 05:21 PM
I wish I had a good report. I am going out tonight on the American so hopefully I can report something good. stay tuned.

David Lee
08-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Did Stripes w/ the Brothers Goding this morning .

We didn't get bit , but DID see a few in the 20-30 lb. range swimming around in a unreachable spot - I had one around 25 lbs. swim after either my fly or a couple of spent Shad that were trying to hide near me . Stupid thing came within 10 feet of me and refused my bug .

Go figure :arrow:

David

Gregg Machel
08-28-2005, 05:44 PM
I noticed the same thing. My weekend fishing activity was limited to some spey casting on the American near Watt. I also had the opportunity to take some spey casting lessons from Jeff Putnam and I can say, my casting has improved quite a bit. Thanks Jeff! =D>

Darian
08-28-2005, 09:05 PM
I'd sure love to post a report but sitting at home with a bum knee is limiting my piscatorial proclivities..... Should be OK soon tho. Certainly tied a lot of flies while watching a lot of videos about fishin' in Montana.... :( :( :(

I'm down with the EAGLES on TV tonight.... Maybe I'll tie up some more bass bugs 8) (Kinda goes with listenin' to the EAGLES 8) 8) 8) ).

mems
08-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Aloha I went out this morning at honolii river mouth. I got a small papio about 1lb. He fought valiantly and will be great pan fried tonight. A guy next to me got a nice 5lb omilu while dunking oama. The thrill for the morning was having an 800lb monk seal roll up at my feet and proceed to burp fish breath in my direction. That kinda woke me up. Mems.

SteelieD
08-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Guy's - I just returned to Seattle (it's raining here :( ) from 2 1/2 days on the fly only water of the Trinity. The fishing is excellent! Some big Steelhead have already started to return.

I'm beat (drank as many beers as fish caught... no, probably more than that :lol: !) so I'm not up to a full report now but I'll see about getting to it tomorrow.

D.

Hairstacker
08-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Yep, I'm pretty beat as well from spending the weekend camping up at Shaver Lake. I'll post a report as soon as I get the pictures developed. I'll only have pictures of the lake, though, since my wife wasn't willing to be my personal fishing photographer. :lol:

rrivera
08-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey Jason...

Hope all is well... Well, I did fish Thurs & Sat on the Y. Fish were a bit more active on Thurs since the water was higher than Saturday's flows.

Thurs CW and I chose the most technical spot to swing caddis at night under the bridge. Saw caddis, saw plenty of fish rise, but no dinero in hand.

Saturday flows were at about 1200. Started the day river right, right below the small class 2 rapid under the bridge. Water is good to wade, but very slow to move around in due to the big rocks (be carefull..!!)

Decided to swing a olive seal bugger in the main current and strip back fast, w/ a poly fast sink tip. Got 2 nice 16 inchers in 5 casts. Thought the day would be magical.

CW nymphed the same run and got one as well. Spent a few hours there, 3 fish in hand, so we changed up stratagies and headed up stream.

Nymphed, swung, hoppers, and even tried to pretend squaw fish were really trout. We got our asses handed to us that day. It dawned on me later that the water was quite comfortable to wade in. That's when I realized after I was in the car licking my wounds, the fish were going to be a bit deeper in the cooler water. Duh.... #-o

All said - I ended the weekend with some good folks under the Watt ave bridge, cooler, chair, and about 3 hours on practice with my spey rods.

Have a great week all..!! Catch some for me..! Avenge me.....!!!!