PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Salyer!

MSP
08-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Well we finally got our stuff moved into a storage unit and got out of there yesterday. Again a big thanks to David Lee for all his help. Got the little lady's PC connected today and here we are. Pretty hot up here around 96 whew! Fished an hour or so down at Big Rock this morning right in Willow Creek with only a couple of smolts for my efforts. Haven't had time to really check things out yet but I can say the water was extremely warm. Fun coming up here seeing how much the river has changed each year. I'll be scouting the lower river in the next week and hopefully find a fish or two. Still pretty early for any runs but you never know. Gotta be some 1/2 pounders in here somewhere if not an adult or two.

I see I leave town and everyone is planning fish outs and spey get togethers. Hmmm? You guys have a great time down there and get some fish!

Jasonh
08-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Mike, your not missing anything down here. I rafted the american early this morning and only spotted two half pounders in the 16-20" range and this was the "tube hatch" started. Still a little early. Good luck up there and keep us updated.

Jason Hartwick

Adam Grace
08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Enjoy yourself up there Mike.

Good luck with the Trinity.

CW
08-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Mike -
Glad to know you are fishing. If you can make it, we are going to descend on the Yuba one of these weekends soon (check Gregg Machel's post about Yuba fishout), and hopefully we can catch some sunburn and a cold rootbeer. Sounds like quite a few people are interested ......

MSP
08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Yea CW, a fishout on the "Y" sounds like a lot of fun. Putting faces with the names, a few cold ones, a hearty lunch and oh yea catching a few of those Yuba beauties what more could you ask for. I'll want complete details of the event.

Scouted up river to Douglas City pulling over many times looking for some signs of fish. My daughter and I only spotted a couple of Steelhead and a ton of Suckers. I'm heading down to the Hoopa area tomorrow and see what's going on down there. Haven't heard of anything really going on yet so I'll just keep searching!

Stay cool down there everyone and keep those cards and letters coming.

Till later