PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Sierra Buttes Area?

monahan100
08-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know the lakes in the Sierra Buttes area well? I know that there are serveral small lakes in the area with trout, but I have never really heard any favorable reports from the area. I was just curious if anyone had a favorite lake there?

Thanks for any info!

Darian
08-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Man another Mike.... :!: :!: This is getting soooo confusing :oops: :oops:

Anyway,..... Haven't fished up there for some time but there's some good fishin' in several of those lakes. 8) The main lakes can be reached from the road thru Bassets and there're some others that can be reached by backpacking from the area of the main lakes. 8) The main lakes can get crowded in summer.... :(

It's the usual situation for high altitude lakes. Sometimes it's hot, sometimes it's not. :-s Altho, it's rapidly approaching the best time of the year up there (....as far as I'm concerned). Good fishin', cool nights, warm days and fall colors.... :D :D

Don't forget the Upper No. Fork of the Yuba.... Great small stream fishin' near Bassetts. Gotta walk a bunch tho. :D

Hairstacker
08-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Darian, I think you have terrorized fish in more places than anyone I've ever met. :lol: 8)

Darian
08-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Kinda gives ya an indication of why I'm still single after all these years.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Ekstrom
08-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Several years ago I walked into Round Lake and fished over on the west side. I caught a lot of fish. They weren't big, maybe 10" max, but they were plentiful and the setting is gorgeous.

jayclarkflyfishing
08-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Many of the lakes in the Lakes Basin are excellent trout fisheries.Lower and Upper Sardine are typically fun fishing for many small fish.Packer can be frustrating and the Salmon lakes are always a pleasure to fish.Hope this helps....Jay

Eric Ryan
08-23-2005, 10:58 PM
I've fly fished Packard lake before. They have inexpensive row boat rental. Kathleen and I fished during the day, and I realized where all the fish were--on the bottom of the lake 25+ feet down. Kathleen then caught a nice 17 inch brown trout. It was a memorable day.

Sincerely,
Eric Ryan
www.ryanrodco.com