PDA

View Full Version : Upper Sac

Adam Grace
08-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I got a chance to fish the Upper Sac around Mossbrae Falls yesterday. The river is cold and in good summer shape, low but not too low. I caught five fish in about 1.5 hours. Most fish were small 8" or so, I did catch a beautiful 11" rainbow on an E/C Caddis. I watched the trout slow roll onto the fly, very exciting when trout slow roll onto a dry fly.

I had a good time, here's a picture from yesterday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/IMG_1083.jpg

Gregg Machel
08-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Very nice Adam. I've always wanted to fish there, especially since you see that place in just about every fly fishing calendar or image collection everywhere. I have envy.

Alastair
08-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Adam, it looks like you are having a great time! I have been to Mossbrae Falls, but never fished there. It is a remarkably beautiful spot. It seems to mezmorize you when you walk down there. As if that wasn't enough, you can also catch trout there! Unbelievable!

Hairstacker
08-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Adam, sounds like you had a good time, good for you! Looks like a gorgeous place. . . . 8)

SteelieD
08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Adam, that's awesome! :D When I fished there (Upper Sac) in July, I wanted so badly to fish near the falls but in the interest of time (the sun was going down!) I fished where I could at the Cantera Loop. Though the fishing was good, looking at your picture makes me wish I had taken the extra time to find where exactly falls are and fished there instead. Oh well, a reason to go back... :lol:

Digger
08-19-2005, 06:25 AM
very cool Adam.
I need my own personal photographer too.

Adam Grace
08-22-2005, 10:47 AM
My personal photographer is one of my roomates and my best friend Lyle. He was the one who decided to go to the Upper Sac to take pictures. I had to bring my rod and fish for a little bit. Lyle owns the Canon Digital Rebel XT SLR camera, it's an 8 MP camera.

Sharp pictures!

It's nice to get some pictures of me fishing. I am usually taking pictures of others fishing or holding fish.

Frank Alessio
08-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Adam... Great picture....That is my home River.. I was born in Dunsmuir... I got to spend 15 days on the Upper Sac this summer... I can not seem to get enough of that river... Frank