PDA

View Full Version : Madison River Trip

Rlynch
08-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I made a trip up to Montana a couple of weeks ago with some friends, one a pilot so it was a one day trip. It was my first time going up there and I knew that one day wouldnt be enough but I wasnt going to pass it up because it was a fast trip. No way! So we went, 8 of us total. 2 with any fly fishing experience. It was a tough day for the guys with no experience but for my Dad and I it was awesome! We didnt catch a ton of fish but between the two of us we managed to land 5 fish over 16 inches and a decent number of smaller fish. Not to bad in my opinion for somewhere neither of us had fished before. I'd like to thank Jeff for all the advice on the area. He was right on as far as fly selection and location. Thanks. My buddy, the pilot, and I were talking about maybe making a couple of trips back, an overnighter hopefully this time, and its likely there would be spots on the plane so if there is anyone that would be interested in that sort of thing, let me know. Maybe with few guys we can help offset some of the operating cost of the plane and get up there for another great day!

Robert