PDA

View Full Version : How many

Jay Murakoshi
08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
mega bites can be posted at one time.
I'm heading across the pond next week and I'm sure when I get back from Australia I'll have some stories to tell, along with some photo's
I don't want to fill up the board and take away space from someone else

Jay

Darian
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Jay,.... Probably, only Gregg or Eugene can give you a specific answer to your question..... 8) Since Bill hasn't set any limitations on the amount of data to be posted by an individual, I'd just post until you run out of space..... :wink: :wink: (not likely to happen, tho :roll: )

Gregg Machel
08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Pictures don't take up any space here, they sit on another server (either your webserver or a photobucket account). Go ahead and post as much as you like, people enjoy the photos. You might want to reduce the size of the photos so that you don't end up posting huge photos. I would recommend no wider than 600 pixels.

The easiest way I have found to reduce photo sizes from digital cameras is to pull them all up in Explorer (not Internet Explorer), highlight them all, then right click and select "Send To" - "Mail Recipient". It should then ask you if you want to reduce the sizes of the images. Select yes (the default) and then it will open up an email with a reduced image size and file size of all the originals. Highlight all of these attachments and then cut (Ctrl-X) and paste (Ctrl-C) to a new folder. This way you don't have to screw around with photo imaging software, and can do all of this in a batch.
This will make pictures load faster, take up less space on your image server, and will fit better in the messageboard screen.

If that doesn't make sense, just ask and I'll explain.