PDA

View Full Version : Below the Watt Avenue Bridge.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-14-2005, 08:23 AM
If you want to see some Spey casting locally here in Sacramento go just below the Watt Avenue Bridge on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

There are usually some local Spey casters there practicing.

Local Spey casting instructor Jeff Putnam will have some classes there as well.

You might even find me down there soon as I am headed for a float trip on the Grand Ronde in Oregon this October.

Adam Grace
08-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Bill, have you practiced or received any instruction at all from Jeff?

If not, get your butt moving!

You are a great fly caster but spey castnig usually requires a fair amount of practice.

As far as Watt goes, it's a great place to meet up with fellow spey casters like the almighty Jeff Putnam. Jeff is the man.

There are also so other great guys like Larry, Simon & Moose who are frequently casting out at Watt. I used to go out there all the time. Truth is, I really miss hanging out with my spey friends at Watt. I had some really good times learning different techniques, casting new lines on my rods, casting other's rods and just bullshiting with the guys. The more you practice and experiment with spey casting the asier the fishing will be, especially when Mother Nature throws wind and rain into the mix.

Practie,practice,practice.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-14-2005, 11:48 PM
No, I am pretty much a virgin.

I will have to get out a lot soon though.

Adam Grace
08-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Bill, stop procrastinating!

Get Jeff to give you some lessons within the next week.

You need to practice.

I will keep bugging you about this because it's important.

nag nag nag nag nag.....there's more where that came from......

Gregg Machel
08-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Adam, I'll help you bother Bill about this on the local side here. You nag him remotely, and I'll do it at the shop. Between the two of us, we will convert him! :)

Adam Grace
08-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Sounds like a plan Gregg.

Look out Bill, here come the naggers.