PDA

View Full Version : Stripers on the American

rasbrown
08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
What is the best section of the river to fish stripers this time of year? Also, is it better in the am, pm, all day?

Thanks,
Randy

Darian
08-12-2005, 08:33 AM
This time of year, there're Stripers in all parts of the river. Maybe not in concentrations but still there. 8) Also, the average fish caught may be bigger as the schoolies seem to be elsewhere.... 8) Your choice of what portion of the river to fish will be dictated by whether you have access to a boat. :? Without a boat, your choices are limited to where you can wade. Not too many of those where Stripers hold. :( I use my boat to fish the lower portion of the river and wade upstream. 8)

The spring food supply (Shad) is now gone and Salmon/Trout/Sucker smolts/Crawdads probably make up the major part of their diets.... 8)

If possible, fish during low light periods as Stripers are mainly active under those conditions. 8)

If you have limited experience with Stripers on a fly, I recommend setting up a guided trip with Andy Guibord from Kiene's Fly Shop. 8) You'll have a great time, get a chance to catch some fish, learn a section of the river and a bunch about how/where to fish for Stripers.... 8) 8) It's worth every penney. :D :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Call the shop Thursday through Monday and ask Andy what he thinks.

Andy is off and guiding Stripers on Tuesday/Wednesday.

916/486-9958

800-400-0359 toll free USA

He will be in today, Sunday, 10am till 4pm.