PDA

View Full Version : Ascension Bay

slack_in_the_box
08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi folks.

The Boss Lady and I are thinking about heading to Ascension Bay for Turkey Day this year.

Have any of you been there? Would you go back?

Is November a good time to be there? When people say it will be windy, does that mean that FF is useless this time of year?

I would really appreciate any advice!

Thanks a million :!:

Rhys :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Slack,

This is mostly a destination for people who will be fish everyday because there is not much there but fly fishing lodges. It is $2000 to $3500 per week per person at the lodges down there. There is not much of a city at Punta Allen.

If you are looking for a vaction where you sight see, snorkel, go to mayan ruins and fish a few days I would go to Belize to Placencia, Cay Caulker or Amerbris Cay where there is a small town and more things to do. Lodging and meals will be way less that going to a fishing lodge.

If you both are planning to fish everyday I can tell you about all the different lodges on and around Ascension Bay.

slack_in_the_box
08-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey thanks for the note Bill!

I guess I wasn't clear about my intentions. :oops: My girlfriend and I are both fly-fishers - no city tours or snorkeling for us.

A guy I know who runs a FF school in truckee :wink: recommended the Cuzan Guest house, which also seems to be good for the young and poor :wink: so I think I'll check it out.

Again thanks :!:

Rhys

Darian
08-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi Rhys,.... Not lecturing; just thought an observation is in order.....

I understand your point but I'd add that you're never poor when you're fly fishin'.... 8) :D You're really lucky to have someone in your life that shares your enthusiasm. 8) 8) 8)

Young and Financially challenged maybe :?: :lol: :lol:

slack_in_the_box
08-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Touche!

:D