PDA

View Full Version : Posting Photos On Kiene Message Board - Instructions

Eugene Graham
08-07-2005, 07:59 PM
We would like to thank Adam Grace for writing up these directions on how to post photos.

I use an easy way to post pictures from www.photobucket.com (PB).

First you have to open up two internet browsers, one for Kiene's board, the other for PB

On PB download the picture you want to post onto this board, click and highlight the contents of the box labeled Img under the picture in PB. The ?Img? box is the last box under your PB picture.

Then right click on the highlighted text and copy it.

Now paste that address onto your board post that is started on the other Internet browser.

After you post the link you should click on preview at the bottom of your post to make sure that the link worked.

This process is easier than opening an image link and closing that link through the Kiene's board.

Brett
02-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Isn't there some way to post photos, without having a photobug, or other online account? For those of us that are tech challenged (me), that would be great.

Thanks,
Brett

Gregg Machel
02-12-2006, 10:14 PM
We do not have the ability for you to upload photos to the website here. In order to get a photo posted on the board, you will need to have it on any website that you can access through a browser. There are a variety of ways to do this, so I cannot explain them all. The bottom line is that if you can type in a URL and have your photo come up, you can post it here.

Example: http://www.someserver.com/pathtoyourimage/image.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
12-24-2007, 07:17 AM
How can you post multiple photo's on with the Mac. I have to open photobucket then select a photo, copy and then open Kiene's and paste.
Only one at a time

Thanks

Jay

dave earl
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I tried a few times to post photos from a URL and always got "invalid file" I tried both photo bucket and URL's from my own published website. Today I stumbled upon the secret- the IMG code from photobucket (as described by the intial post that Eugene put up) needs to be copied from photobucket then pasted into the body of your post as text. Its not uploaded in the "attach files" section at all. It's also cool cause you don't have to re-size the pics like you do when attaching a thumbnail file.
Adam's idea of the 2 browsers is real cool too for making multiple pics take much less time, that way you can keep your photobucket account open in one browser then switch to the other browser to paste the IMG code into your Kiene's post.
I hope this makes sense and helps somebody.

bob pauli
03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Why does this site not allow conventional uploading of images?